Premier League investigation unit

I can’t read the article, so haven’t seen all the details and if Newcastle have privately investigated one of their own fans, then I’d expect their entire fanbase to kick up the biggest of fusses.
In a nutshell. The woman is gay. She believes that there are only men and women, you cannot switch gender. She posted this on her SM page. Other posts included being about her supporting Newcastle. A straight women complained to the Premier League, whilst she wasn't offended a trans person might be saying can you imagine if a trans person found out they were sitting next to her. After they did an investigation they PL contacted Newcastle and one of them contacted the police. The police are taking no action. Newcastle have banned her.

In a nutshell. The woman is gay. She believes that there are only men and women, you cannot switch gender. She posted this on her SM page. Other posts included being about her supporting Newcastle. A straight women complained to the Premier League, whilst she wasn't offended a trans person might be saying can you imagine if a trans person found out they were sitting next to her. After they did an investigation they PL contacted Newcastle and one of them contacted the police. The police are taking no action. Newcastle have banned her.
Ugh. I guess Newcastle will point to one of their terms and conditions to issue their banning order. Seems unnecessary. It’ll be more about brownie points with the PL than their worry about the gay/trans debate.

And there you have it, someone being offended on behalf of others, just in case they are offended..
I’m not getting into the debate about a persons sexuality as I couldn’t care any less who or what someone wants to be known as, it’s nowt to do with anybody else full stop..
The problem these days metaphorically speaking is, not only can you not say boo to a goose without a duck being offended on the gooses behalf, you can’t think it either …!

Live and let live and stop looking for shit to be offended by.. It’s beyond a joke these days…!!

And there you have it, someone being offended on behalf of others, just in case they are offended..
I’m not getting into the debate about a persons sexuality as I couldn’t care any less who or what someone wants to be known as, it’s nowt to do with anybody else full stop..
The problem these days metaphorically speaking is, not only can you not say boo to a goose without a duck being offended on the gooses behalf, you can’t think it either …!

Live and let live and stop looking for shit to be offended by.. It’s beyond a joke these days…!!
Correct. And if its nothing to do with football then no one from football should get involved.

I don't quite follow this story but I also don't think the full facts are public. Are you saying someone has complained about her (I assume via the Kick It Out contact number) because of something she posted on her X page? You'd have to have made an enemy of someone at the game to encourage them to go trawling your social media.

Good way to get some spare seats around you though, I might try it as I'm looking for another season ticket.

Also, not sure if this has been posted already but they announced this crackdown in October ...

She is appealing isn't she (shush, you know what I mean)? I imagine she will win and with damages. First I have heard of this "unit" and I hope it's the last.

Why would she win?

She made transphobic comments on a public platform and is now upset that a private business doesn’t want her as a customer any more.

She’s got no more of a claim than the stupid twats who get rejected from job applications or lose their jobs for posting bigoted shit on their public social media profiles.

A point made in jest, but if you look at how the rules on the newly invented 'offence' of 'tragedy chanting' are wielded the answer is before long, no.
Maybe this can be used to advantage. If I say the rags and dippers supporters are offensive and cause me discomfort being around them, which is true, will they ban them all?

At some stage, the “adults In the room” have to have a real think about where all this shit is going and most importantly have the courage to speak out openly. I have a family member involved in political office and they privately concede their fears along these lines but feel unable to speak because they if do they are ended.
I responded by enquiring how will we ever solve really difficult problems like the Palestinian question or Russian aggression etc if trivia like this sits in the “too difficult“ tray.
It seems this woman has been singled out and sanctioned for her thoughts and maybe a few utterances that some may find unpleasant but break no laws. I hope she sues the fuckers that did this. Most people are well-meaning in my experience but even if they’re not, we have laws that set behavioural boundaries not fucking football clubs. All this “hate speech“ shite is a huge Trojan horse for chaos and I find it chilling - and I’m one the nicest people you’ll ever meet.

It seems this woman has been singled out and sanctioned for her thoughts

I’m surprised this needs to be said, but no one has been sanctioned for their “thoughts”.

Once you put those thoughts into writing they’re not thoughts, they’re speech.

Similarly it’s not big brother or the Stasi or infringing free speech unless it’s the government doing something.

A private business has the right to reject anyone’s custom as long as they’re not doing so based on discrimination against a protected characteristic.

I have to say I think 99% of the reaction to this is because it’s about transphobia. If it was about sexism or racism or any of the other things the PL unit is there to kick out of the game, everyone would just say she deserved to be banned.

Which is probably precisely why the telegraph has run the story, it’s one of their favourite culture war topics going into the next election (and a wedge issue the Conservative Party has publicly acknowledged it needs to push)

I don't quite follow this story but I also don't think the full facts are public. Are you saying someone has complained about her (I assume via the Kick It Out contact number) because of something she posted on her X page? You'd have to have made an enemy of someone at the game to encourage them to go trawling your social media.

Good way to get some spare seats around you though, I might try it as I'm looking for another season ticket.

Also, not sure if this has been posted already but they announced this crackdown in October ...

Page 1, the original post has the story from the Telegraph and I have read other articles which back it up.
I cannot see how Newcastle can ban her and more importantly, why the PL investigated her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.