Premier League investigation unit

I don't think that's the issue. What she said may have been abhorrent (I haven't read it so I don't know), but the issue is the Premier League installing a team of what are ostensibly spies to monitor fans social media. It's an Orwellian road we don't want to be going down.
Have already explained:

Yes that's what I was saying. You can see it right there that I call the case "unusual" and find it slightly galling that Newcastle of all organisations are concerned about what Ms. Smith has been saying. I was just acknowledging that more people in this thread would be in favour of the decision to ban her until 2026 if she'd said "the Nazis were right" in relation to disabled people, Jews, blacks, etc.

Not one of her comments broke English law. None of the posts related to Newcastle United or the Premier League. Whilst you may disagree with what she says what has she done wrong to get banned from attending matches? You state that people around you don't hold up to date views but you just discuss City. That seems to me to be exactly what she has done. I cant see a difference.
I guess it’s Newcastle that ultimately decide what is and isn‘t acceptable in their stadium. There’ll be small print in the T&Cs that cover them.

If it were illegal, she’d be prosecuted as well.

My guess is that Newcastle wanted some good press for banning someone saying shitty things.

What the PL gain out of their stealth squads is beyond me, though.

I guess it’s Newcastle that ultimately decide what is and isn‘t acceptable in their stadium. There’ll be small print in the T&Cs that cover them.

If it were illegal, she’d be prosecuted as well.

My guess is that Newcastle wanted some good press for banning someone saying shitty things.

What the PL gain out of their stealth squads is beyond me, though.

I agree the club has the right to decide what is acceptable inside the stadium. The problem here is that they have had to proactively investigate someone’s behaviour outside of the football environment to decide their behaviour is unacceptable.

Imagine a world where football clubs vet all fans before allowing them to have a season ticket.

Arrested for assault after a fight in a pub 10 years ago? Sorry, you can’t attend games in case you start another fight.

Handed a caution for possession of drugs 5 years ago while you were at Uni? Sorry drugs aren’t allowed in the stadium, you’re banned.

Posted a joke meme on social media when you were teenager that could be deemed offensive these days? We can’t be having any discrimination in the stadium, you’re banned.

This is an absolutely staggering case to the extent it feels there must be more to it yet to come out.

If not then we really are through the looking glass.

This has been lost in the Newcastle thread but I believe it deserves a thread of it's own.
The premier league is using an investigation team to spy on people they believe to have broken their rules on racism and misgendering. This isn't anybody sending abusive tweets to footballers or clubs, or shouting abuse at games, as this report shows. We are entering real big brother territory here.

Heard this the other day after someone got a big ban from all footy grounds. Mental and wrong

I agree the club has the right to decide what is acceptable inside the stadium. The problem here is that they have had to proactively investigate someone’s behaviour outside of the football environment to decide their behaviour is unacceptable.

Imagine a world where football clubs vet all fans before allowing them to have a season ticket.

Arrested for assault after a fight in a pub 10 years ago? Sorry, you can’t attend games in case you start another fight.

Handed a caution for possession of drugs 5 years ago while you were at Uni? Sorry drugs aren’t allowed in the stadium, you’re banned.

Posted a joke meme on social media when you were teenager that could be deemed offensive these days? We can’t be having any discrimination in the stadium, you’re banned.

This is an absolutely staggering case to the extent it feels there must be more to it yet to come out.

If not then we really are through the looking glass.
I can’t read the article, so haven’t seen all the details and if Newcastle have privately investigated one of their own fans, then I’d expect their entire fanbase to kick up the biggest of fusses.

Of course all of those things are at least illegal. Being a **** isn't illegal, and if it was enough to get you banned from a football ground, then Liverpool would struggle to get a few thousand per game.

Of course all of those things are at least illegal. Being a **** isn't illegal, and if it was enough to get you banned from a football ground, then Liverpool would struggle to get a few thousand per game.

Indeed. The fact this person hasn’t even committed a crime makes it even more baffling.

But does she deserve a ban from football ? Does she warrant an investigation for non football matters? What of all those Blues that posted pro Israeli/pro Palestinian posts in Off Topic?
If right cunts were banned from football there would only be me left watching.. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.