11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Foden, Haaland, Alvarez, Nunes, Rodders, Ake, Akanji, etc were on the pitch the for first 70 mins. How many of them did better than Doku in that period? I’ll wait for a response because if you claim Doku was gash but you wouldn’t highlight the shortcomings of the rest of the team, it means your judgement lacks objectivity.

Of course I know his work is cut out but I don’t understand what you want a player to do when he is surrounded and still manages to get past only to find many red shirts in the box. If he holds the ball a bit more, he gets dispossessed by the myriad of red shirts. If he lays a pass, there’s far more likelihood that a red shirt will intercept for the same reason.

Anybody criticizing this boy for nothing without a suggestion about what else he could do other than pass the ball around unproductively, as other players apart from KDB (who wasn’t on the pitch anyway) would do, is showing ignorance.

Last edited:
Westham, Brighton and Bournemouth he was unplayable - GOAT worthy. The rest bar a couple were he was poor, he was good or very good. Don’t get it twisted.

Westham, Brighton and Bournemouth he was unplayable - GOAT worthy. The rest bar a couple were he was poor, he was good or very good. Don’t get it twisted.
“GOATworthy”? And you talk of the the jaundiced eye of others being a problem?

Doku has shown flashes. Nothing more. He’s no Leroy Sané, but he does a decent impression of the best and worst of Raheem Sterling.

He’s in his first season and gets a pass, as do all players trying to learn Pep’s systems and bed in with a world class squad.

However, to even whisper the word “GOAT” alongside his name is, to use your own words, “showing ignorance.”

“GOATworthy”? And you talk of the the jaundiced eye of others being a problem?

Doku has shown flashes. Nothing more. He’s no Leroy Sané, but he does a decent impression of the best and worst of Raheem Sterling.

He’s in his first season and gets a pass, as do all players trying to learn Pep’s systems and bed in with a world class squad.

However, to even whisper the word “GOAT” alongside his name is, to use your own words, “showing ignorance.”
For one, that Bournemouth performance was goat-level. You may not admit it but what do I care? You say “he’s no Leroy.” You mean the one that Pep did away with? And guess what? He doesn’t have to be Leroy because he’s Doku and that will do.

If you think Foden (for example) performed better than him in that first half, you are living in denial. I know we all love Foden and do we typically won’t shred him but if you were quiet on the Foden thread but very vocal on the Doku thread, I wouldn’t take your judgements as objective.

For one, that Bournemouth performance was goat-level. You may not admit it but what do I care? You say “he’s no Leroy.” You mean the one that Pep did away with? And guess what? He doesn’t have to be Leroy because he’s Doku and that will do.

If you think Foden (for example) performed better than him in that first half, you are living in denial. I know we all love Foden and do we typically won’t shred him but if you were quiet on the Foden thread but very vocal on the Doku thread, I wouldn’t take your judgements as objective.

I’m not sure if you’re related to him or just a teenager with zero life experience, and thus context, but the only way the word “GOAT” could be used for Doku’s season so far would be sarcastically or in a derogatory manner.

So far, your treasure trove of data to back up your claim is that you think he played better than Foden in the first half of a game against Bournemouth. Hmmmm…OK, let’s go with that then, shall we?!

What colour are the rainbows in your world?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.