9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

I’ll be on my own here probably but i didn’t think the miss was as easy as most think. With a ball that high it’s difficult to control it. The bollock i thought he dropped was not anticipating it early enough and bending to head it. Then he couldn’t have missed.
Yup yo are right, It wasn't easy. But then again, it was!

Happy he came thru eventually. :)

Ake has always been good header since he was a youth player despite being short.

Haaland has always been bad header since he was a youth player despite being tall.

I think it's not something you can massively improve sadly, you either have knack for it or don't.

Last edited:
He is going to end up having probably his worst season for overall performances in his career, yet he will still score around 40 this season.

Most strikers would have folded after that miss, but he plugged away and got his reward.

Ake is always been good header since he was a youth player despite being short.

Haaland is always been bad header since he was a youth player despite being tall.

I think it's not something you can massively improve sadly, you either have knack for it or don't.
He's only scored 23 headers in his career, but 13 of those have come since he joined City.

Hard to tell so far if he's improving his heading technique, getting more chances provided, or perhaps getting better at being in the right place for headers.

It'll probably take a while to be sure, but it may actually be the area that he's improved most.

People have to accept he’s not the finished article yet even though his numbers suggest he is. He will miss chances, all strikers do but his self belief to keep going is why he’s special.
Imagine how many he will score once he irons out his issues.
We should embrace the journey.
This is a great post to be fair

I’ll be on my own here probably but i didn’t think the miss was as easy as most think. With a ball that high it’s difficult to control it. The bollock i thought he dropped was not anticipating it early enough and bending to head it. Then he couldn’t have missed.
He looked like he shaped to head it then pulled out last min and by then his body shape was all over the shop.

I dont think theres any way to say that he shouldnt have scored

Strange game a bit like Kev today but he is a beast when he wants to be.

It's really interesting how much topspin he puts on his shots. I've never seen anything that consistent.

Kun had his trademark near post shot that keepers couldn't stop.. Haaland's got his trademark topspin. Original shot nowhere near the goal, but it keeps spinning back in!

It's really interesting how much topspin he puts on his shots. I've never seen anything that consistent.

Kun had his trademark near post shot that keepers couldn't stop.. Haaland's got his trademark topspin. Original shot nowhere near the goal, but it keeps spinning back in!

That would be sidespin right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.