Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I read over 70% of their players were asthmatic whilst premier league average was about 20%
Not sure what that means so I have generalised that they are definitely cheating scouse scumbags. I maybe wrong though but I am unlikely to change my opinion
When it was announced that Klopp was leaving, I posted on a BBC Have Your Say re. the next manager,
"Will the next manager come with a truck load of Ventolin?"
Lasted about 5 mins before it was removed.

And what exactly did Erling do? Pep should grow balls and start this type of games with three little terriers up top, Foden - Alvarez - Bernardo raises our energy level 50% at least . Our game was much better when he was injured.
Posted this already in this thread re. Erling.

Was in the right place for the Silva cross. If VVD doesn't clear, goal.
Was in the right place when Foden shot. If he'd crossed, goal.
Robbed VVD and set up an attack.
Despite Danny Murphy's swooning on MOTD2, I thought he did great against VVD in the run on goal, should have finished better.
Played a great ball out to Doku that led to him hitting the post.

Fine margins and opinions!

Remember it so well. Merlin was himself that day — the best midfielder in the world. But Sergio was his second-in-command, and was playing superbly, too.
Was devastated by that mistake at the end. We absolutely had them on the run in the second half.
That is exactly why we should be quietly very pleased about that result on Sunday. There was not the usual horrendous fuck-up that results in a defeat. Three years ago, at the height of the Mané-Salah-Firmino trio, we're losing that match all day long. And by a couple of clear goals, at least.

No. What annoys me more and more is the match at the Etihad this season. We were better than them by some distance. We really should have taken the three points there. As we should definitely have taken a point at the Emirates. The fuck-ups have been there.
Oh… and Tottenham. And Chelsea. And Crystal Palace. The astonishing thing is that we are where we are, i.e. still in the argument.
I remember that game for 3 things. First, it was 2-2 and we had the scousers completely on the ropes. There was then a moment of pure role reversal. Kun hares down the left and threads a KDB-like ball into the box and a racing Merlin slides in and misses it by a whisker. They would have been stone dead. The second was Skrtel literally volleyball spiking the ball off a cross in stoppage time when we were 3-2 down. And third, Gerrard's "this doesn't slip" huddle at the end. I forget what happened thereafter ...

Nah you’re right.

We were brilliant and the title’s in our hands!
You called the performance pathetic and atrocious. You also labelled 4 of our players as disgraceful. You're a mard arse fanny wipe ****, and for you to call anything pathetic, atrocious and disgraceful is beyond parody for anyone who's had the misfortune to read your posts over the years.

Fuck knows how you would cope if we weren't actually the best team in the world.

Last edited:
The above I agree with you wholeheartedly and yet unbelievably we still came away from that game with a draw and almost snatched a win with Doku hitting the post towards the end.
We haven’t been a patch on last seasons fluidity but we are still within one point of the leaders and yes we have a bit of a hard run in and it will be difficult for us but we have been there before and done it, so I’m not giving up hope yet.
Never write this team off, incredible, drive, motivation and resilience.

You called the performance pathetic and atrocious. You also labelled 4 of our players as disgraceful. You're a mard arse fanny wipe ****, and for you to call anything pathetic, atrocious and disgraceful is beyond parody for anyone who's had the misfortune to read your posts over the years.

Fuck knows how you would cope if we weren't actually the best team in the world.

Get it of your chest mate ;-)

I'm confused by your 'younger, hungrier and fitter players' comment. Phil and Erling both 23, Julian 24. Only Kevin and Kyle of the outfield players 30 or over. We have a great blend of youth and experience.

He is too PC to say they came out second half, as they frequently do, juiced up to the max.

They have been pushing it since the WC and will have to slow down soon. My guess is they will risk it all this year while Klopp is still there to give him his "send-off" then have a rest next year.

Posted this already in this thread re. Erling.

Was in the right place for the Silva cross. If VVD doesn't clear, goal.
Was in the right place when Foden shot. If he'd crossed, goal.
Robbed VVD and set up an attack.
Despite Danny Murphy's swooning on MOTD2, I thought he did great against VVD in the run on goal, should have finished better.
Played a great ball out to Doku that led to him hitting the post.

Fine margins and opinions!

I was puzzled with Murphy’s view and praise of the VVD defending when Haaland ran at him. Ultimately Haaland got a shot away and if he’d hit the ball crisply and not slightly scuffed it there could easily have been a different outcome

I'm confused by your 'younger, hungrier and fitter players' comment. Phil and Erling both 23, Julian 24. Only Kevin and Kyle of the outfield players 30 or over. We have a great blend of youth and experience.
I do think football is deveolping into a non-contact sport and at times I see City playing like that, backing off when out of possession and almost afraid to make a tackle. This then allows teams like Liverpool to get in our faces, be touch-close to the players and force an overturn of possession. And that stood out for me on Sunday, it's too passive at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.