PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Regulation should be nothing whatsoever to do with money. Too difficult to audit, unfair and restrictive. Should all be about the playing staff/squad allowed and how often they move.
There's only a finite amount of World Class players at any given time. The rest won't be bad either. They came at this all wrong in the first place. They are obsessed with turning away investment to save united and liverpool - an utter disgrace and gross misconduct in office.
Discouraging investment as they have, is mal-practice.
But, the horse has bolted and we're the patsy awaiting our stitch up.

People often say in what other line of business is regulated to stop investment. The more I open my eyes we realise regulation & lobbying & lawyers are used in every part of life to control competition.

It’s fucking corrupt

So if the announcement about the date of our hearing is going to be mid-June then we seem to be on the timetable suggested by @projectriver a while back:

Hearing in Autumn, judgement in early summer 2025 and probably summer 2026 to have a final verdict after any appeals by either party.

That doesn't sound like the PL case collapsing soon to me :(
I don't think it was ever in any danger of collapsing before the hearing, no matter how weak the PL's case against us turns out to be. That was just wishful thinking on the part of some fans. And it's not necessarily a bad thing this - if we clear our name after going through the whole process then that will raise less questions (although there would still be some from the usual suspects) than if it had suddenly collapsed.

I don't think it was ever in any danger of collapsing before the hearing, no matter how weak the PL's case against us turns out to be. That was just wishful thinking on the part of some fans. And it's not necessarily a bad thing this - if we clear our name after going through the whole process then that will raise less questions (although there would still be some from the usual suspects) than if it had suddenly collapsed.
Just a thought, is it possible that some of the charges may already have fallen away and what's left is only some of the lesser ones? That would explain the flurry of confidence/good vibes from multiple sources a few weeks ago. Maybe wishful thinking on my part!

Just a thought, is it possible that some of the charges may already have fallen away and what's left is only some of the lesser ones? That would explain the flurry of confidence/good vibes from multiple sources a few weeks ago. Maybe wishful thinking on my part!
Yeah, could be mate or it could be that they're all still on the table but positive vibes are based on feedback as to how the investigation is progressing. Lawyers for both sides will surely be getting updates as to how it's all going.

A verdict in 2026, which means the Premier League and its cronies will have been obsessing over accounts that will be over 17 years old when it happens. It’s desperate, desperate stuff from them.
It is unbelievable. The Mancini allegations date back to 2009 and involve a small amount of money three years before FFP started. This has always been a witchunt.

Yeah, could be mate or it could be that they're all still on the table but positive vibes are based on feedback as to how the investigation is progressing. Lawyers for both sides will surely be getting updates as to how it's all going.
The legal teams of both parties are actively involved on a day to day basis. The panel will be asking for further information from both sides regarding all aspects of the case so they know exactly what is looking strong or not for them. Both the club and the PL again will be briefed constantly by their legal teams as to how the case is looking from their perspective.

You'd hope and expect that the confidence the club has is based on the views of Lord Pannick and his team on how it's looking in real time.

So if the announcement about the date of our hearing is going to be mid-June then we seem to be on the timetable suggested by @projectriver a while back:

Hearing in Autumn, judgement in early summer 2025 and probably summer 2026 to have a final verdict after any appeals by either party.

That doesn't sound like the PL case collapsing soon to me :(
Damn, I read that tweet as mid June being a conclusion to it all. Should have known better I guess. Only another 12-24 months to go then.

People often say in what other line of business is regulated to stop investment. The more I open my eyes we realise regulation & lobbying & lawyers are used in every part of life to control competition.

It’s fucking corrupt
That's correct. In financial services and so called public services, it's there to protect standards but it fails to do so on things like water and ofcom, where the 'regulators' are part of the asylum and it is in their interest to go easy on discharging shit or allowing nutters on tv, because the regulators and the authorities, are the same. The PL shouldn't be allowed to regulate themselves. They've shown many times it doesn't work.

Edit. In football, it would mean turkeys not voting for christmas and shafting themselves. Recognise that the richer get richer - a bit like in politics! Imho.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.