Florian Wirtz

KDB for me is irreplaceable. I know what you mean by playing his role but he won't do it the same which isn't a bad thing. One thing we've done incredibly well is replacing legends with great players and hopefully moulding them into legends themselves. We didn't replace Yaya or Aguero with players like them we changed how we played and adapted.

Could Wirtz play for City, of course he's a incredible talent. Could he make midfield his own, of course again. Just don't expect him to play like KDB or us to play like we have KDB in the team. This is another way that Pep is a genius in my opinion and always ahead of the pack.

The tricky part for me is I think Kev still has some years left in him even eventually as a squad player. We also have Foden who should play down the middle. We do often target posistionless players so a Paqueta, Wirtz or even Musiala would be expected to play centrally and out wide like Bernado and Foden already do.
Agreed. We used to have the Fernandinho role & I suppose the hope was the more combative Kalvin Philips would've replaced him, but sadly this was far from the case.

However, the world now talks about the Rodri role because he's become so imperious at what he does. Rodders & Fern are totally different types of players, but each are equally as effective in the CDM role.

I suppose we don't replace like for like, we just evolve with the squad we have.

I like Paqueta a lot, but if we can pull this 3 singings off, I would be over the moon. This sets us up for a long time and gets us back to the top of peppering teams

Obviously Wirtz is the one.

As for Musiala, as stated previously I've never quite got the hype & I suppose I can say the same regarding Kimmich.

Just my personal view. Hopefully others have identified assets which I failed to do. )(

Obviously Wirtz is the one.

As for Musiala, as stated previously I've never quite got the hype & I suppose I can say the same regarding Kimmich.

Just my personal view. Hopefully others have identified assets which I failed to do. )(
I used to like Kimmich a long time ago. He was a fantastic player. Now of late, I honestly do not rate him, its like he has lost his midas touch.

As for Musiala, sorry Dribble, the boy is special. His runs and dribbling abilty unlocks tight and compact defenses, the defenses we face 75-80% of the time. The boy is fantastic to watch.

Wirtz is dynamic, energetic and can play CAM and RW. He would definitely be a world class addition to this squad.

I used to like Kimmich a long time ago. He was a fantastic player. Now of late, I honestly do not rate him, its like he has lost his midas touch.

As for Musiala, sorry Dribble, the boy is special. His runs and dribbling abilty unlocks tight and compact defenses, the defenses we face 75-80% of the time. The boy is fantastic to watch.

Wirtz is dynamic, energetic and can play CAM and RW. He would definitely be a world class addition to this squad.
I'll happily bow to your opinion of Musiala, & I'll make a point of watching a few more Bayern matches, as highlight reels rarely give a true reflection of a players' ability. )(

Would be brilliant to get both but I think Wirtz would have a more obvious path into the team; he’s an incredible creator and would be an obvious heir to De Bruyne.

Dont know how accurate it is

We’d take a £50m+ hit on Grealish. Plus he probably brings in more image rights money than anyone else at the club. So financially the move would be a disaster, even if another club picked up his wages.

But more than that, I just don’t see Pep casting him off after an injury hit season. He’s been disappointing but he’s got a valid excuse.

Would be brilliant to get both but I think Wirtz would have a more obvious path into the team; he’s an incredible creator and would be an obvious heir to De Bruyne.
Somebody has to replace Bernado and somebody has to repalce KDB. Musiala and Wirtz are those for me.

We’d take a £50m+ hit on Grealish. Plus he probably brings in more image rights money than anyone else at the club. So financially the move would be a disaster, even if another club picked up his wages.

But more than that, I just don’t see Pep casting him off after an injury hit season. He’s been disappointing but he’s got a valid excuse.
Do I misunderstand you or are you really saying we'd only get £50m maximum for Grealish if we sold him now?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.