PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think why the club’s silence has come into my mind now, when it didn’t really occupy my thoughts a week or so ago, is that the sands appear to be shifting quite quickly with regards to PL financial rules - and now seems to me to be an apposite time for the club to try and take some initiative, assuming they are supremely confident of the ground they are standing on, which I believe is the case.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel now is the time for the club to be more on the front foot with this than hitherto, as the whole thing is descending into a farce from which City could accrue some advantage, that possibly wasn’t available a month or so ago.

Has any other club been charged today btw?
City have absolutely nothing to gain by issuing any interim statements- in fact, quite the opposite.

We made our statement at the outset. Nothing more need be said until a judgment has been handed down. Then we’ll speak.

If a defendant believes he / she has a rock-solid case, then an opening, “hard”rebuttal is all that is required.

Simply reiterating that rebuttal just smacks of being desperate to be believed.

If Pannick thought it were a good idea, we’d have heard something.

Well iv heard Stefan borsan on talksport defending City, putting another side. I think that's helped change the mood towards City, after years of one way shite we've got someone who puts the other side. I wonder what would happen if the club did the same. Not that it matters I trust the club more than my judgement.
Helped change the mood ?? Hardly.

Whilst it’s great Stefan fighting our corner - virtually every show repeats the usual ‘warrabout City’ crap.

City have absolutely nothing to gain by issuing any interim statements- in fact, quite the opposite.

We made our statement at the outset. Nothing more need be said until a judgment has been handed down. Then we’ll speak.

If a defendant believes he / she has a rock-solid case, then an opening, “hard”rebuttal is all that is required.

Simply reiterating that rebuttal just smacks of being desperate to be believed.

If Pannick thought it were a good idea, we’d have heard something.
If nothing had materially changed then I’d be inclined to agree, but the sands are plainly shifting. It therefore wouldn’t be a reiteration of the initial rebuttal; it would need to be more nuanced than that to have the desired effect.

I think the club does have something to gain by taking advantage of the current chaos.

It would also make us better placed to seize the narrative assuming these charges are dismissed, as we will have foreshadowed that outcome during, not at the outset of the process.

Comparing our case with that of a defendant in a trial is incongruous and simplistic. There are wider considerations than the mere determination of these charges.

Cool.

Not going to make me want to stop supporting the club though. I don't care how the Premier League might interpret the "severity of our crimes", in my view it's an absolute bullshit notion. An investor who cannot use their own legal capital to invest in their own business because other failing businesses aren't in the same financially secure position, is not a 'crime' that I take to be one i'd be disgusted by. Do you honestly think that Shiekh Mansour and his team intentionally committed fraud?

Theft, spending despite being in debt, spending whilst using the club as collateral, bribery, blackmail and threats would be something i'd be ashamed of our owner for. But he ain't done that, has he?
I don’t believe we did anything wrong but that does not change the consequences if we are found to have nor what is alleged to have happened. You keep saying it’s all about spending but it’s not

If nothing had materially changed then I’d be inclined to agree, but the sands are plainly shifting. It therefore wouldn’t be a reiteration of the initial rebuttal; it would need to be more nuanced than that to have the desired effect.

I think the club does have something to gain by taking advantage of the current chaos.

It would also make us better placed to seize the narrative assuming these charges are dismissed, as we will have foreshadowed that outcome during, not at the outset of the process.

Comparing our case with that of a defendant in a trial is incongruous and simplistic. There are wider considerations than the mere determination of these charges.
Are we not a defendant in a trial?

I don’t believe we did anything wrong but that does not change the consequences if we are found to have nor what is alleged to have happened. You keep saying it’s all about spending but it’s not
That's not what i'm saying though. You have completely missed the point i'm making.

My point is that our detractors are expecting me to say that if City are found guilty of this "fraud" charge, I should be ashamed of the club, and I simply won't be. That's the end of the matter, I won't be responding again if you cannot grasp that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.