Season Tickets - 2024/25

I get what you’re suggesting, but long term using an external site (Facebook) can’t be the solution. That comes with its own issues, especially for people who don’t use Facebook. You can also end up with scammers on there as well.

Maybe in the short term that’s a good idea, but it’s on the club. They should be distributing tickets properly and being transparent with what they are doing with tickets - why so many are ending up on ticket sites, which are linked to the club.
Guarantee there will be half and halves at the home leg of the CL quarter-final for a game that was supposedly only available to buy if you'd been to over three games in the last two seasons.

Would class myself as probably obsessed with city ,think we have missed about 6 games in 5 years ,
Sat down with the lad today and decided enough is enough and binned the league cup scheme ,
Nothing to be gained by being in the scheme .
Midweek games against usually premiership teams are just not enjoyable.
City put our season tickets up by £30 each so good luck getting our league cup money back off some happy clapper tourists .

Would class myself as probably obsessed with city ,think we have missed about 6 games in 5 years ,
Sat down with the lad today and decided enough is enough and binned the league cup scheme ,
Nothing to be gained by being in the scheme .
Midweek games against usually premiership teams are just not enjoyable.
City put our season tickets up by £30 each so good luck getting our league cup money back off some happy clapper tourists .
I’ve gone down to gold, points system is floored with corporate getting what they want for away tickets,plus the extra supporters clubs all getting away tickets.

Porto or Istanbul? I don't know how you can get a ticket for a Champions League Final and never have been to a game before. Wouldn't blame you for feeling that way to be honest.

Guy I know that's in all the cup schemes missed out on the CL Semi-Final at home last year as the club changed the direct debit scheme just before the game, payment hadn't come out so they sold his seat! He's been going years too. Just to rub it in from memory I don't think his seat was occupied for the game either. I didn't have the heart to tell him that. Said he'd have jacked it in himself if his son hadn't recently got into going. Ticketing on the whole stinks at City.
Sorry, I should have clarified that I was referring to Porto.

I can remember the Real Madrid fiasco. The direct debit wasn't taken for a long time and many were worried. Why they chose to change how to administer DDs at that time is anyone's guess.

Just renewed but they don't make it easy.
The summary showed my seat at FOC rates with three cup schemes ticked and because I declined "extras" the confirmation email doesn't show cup scheme membership.

I’ve gone down to gold, points system is floored with corporate getting what they want for away tickets,plus the extra supporters clubs all getting away tickets.
Points system isn't floored it's completely broken,the position you are on now is where you stay ,why on earth they give points for home cup games is completely beyond me .

Henry Winter. The Times.

It was good to see the Manchester City fans’ group, the 1894, unveiling a banner at the Etihad on Sunday, reading: “Record profits but record prices. Stop exploiting our loyalty!”

Game risks losing a generation to scandalous ticket prices​

Ticket-price hikes at Premier League clubs are farcical but not enough is made of the impact on those most affected: the 18 to 24 age group and the special atmosphere they bring​

Plenty of protests are being heard about Premier League ticket-price hikes, and rightly so. They’re a scandal. Yet amid these loud complaints, not enough is heard about those who make the most noise at matches, the 18 to 24 age group. English football is in danger of losing a generation of fans and losing more of its special atmosphere.

It was good to see the Manchester City fans’ group, the 1894, unveiling a banner at the Etihad on Sunday, reading: “Record profits but record prices. Stop exploiting our loyalty!” On Saturday many Tottenham Hotspur fans turned their back on the game with Luton Town when the clock showed 65, objecting to the club’s decision to stop offering new senior concession tickets for fans aged 65 and above from 2025-26.

Good campaign. Save Our Seniors. But what about Save Our Students? Those in their first jobs? Those staring nervously up at the housing ladder like it’s the Eiger? Those who may have less disposable income than their grandparents? Those aged 18-24? Football risks this hugely important age group being in grounds on match days simply to work in concessions, not enjoying them.

Supporter bases at Fulham, Manchester United, Chelsea and others are also in dispute with their clubs over ticket prices. In return, in an attempt at mitigation, clubs try to plead running costs post-Covid, competition for elite players costing fortunes in transfer fees and wages, and the Premier League’s clampdown on Profitability and Sustainability Rules, with more number-crunchers having joined the league’s board.

Nobody believes them, of course, not simply because trust between sceptical fan bases and many owners is at an all-time low, especially since the European Super League plot. Nobody buys the clubs’ defence over a newly aggressive pricing strategy because the sums generated are relatively modest compared with the clubs’ income from the £6.7 billion domestic TV deal for 2025-29, let alone the overseas booty.

Nobody at the Premier League, and especially not the chief executive, Richard Masters, appears prepared to advise the owners to show more care for their loyal supporters. Of course, many of the owners do not care. If so-called “legacy” fans, those who have supported the club through thick and thin, turning up for games through foul weather and filthy results, decide to stop going because of the escalating expense then the club will quite happily sell the ticket either to someone on the long waiting list or to a tourist, who will spend in the megastore during their flying visit.

The greed of many owners is to be expected, sadly, but their naivety is still startling. One of the reasons that overseas broadcasters, as well as domestic, pay so much for rights is because of the atmosphere. They learnt that reality from the wretched, soulless, soundless games behind closed doors during lockdown. And which group tends to make most noise? Young adults, aged 18 to 24.

This generation is not only vital for the present, generating atmosphere, but are also future season- ticket holders if and when they can afford it.

Michael Brunskill, of the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA), sums the situation up well. “We’ve always argued clubs need to pay special attention to that young adult age-range as it’s a time when teenagers move from cheaper kids’ tickets, that their parents often pay for, into what can be a much more expensive age bracket at a time when they’re suddenly expected to pay for tickets themselves while in low-wage jobs, full-time education etc,” Brunskill says.

“There are obviously a lot of other distractions at that point in your life, but if clubs can keep you engaged as a match-goer then, there’s a good chance a lifelong love affair is born.”

Arsène Wenger warned of the danger of pricing out this generation seven years ago, saying: “Can you afford to go when you are young?”. In fairness to his old club Arsenal, they have extended their young adult member offer for this season, which offers a 25 per cent reduction on match tickets. “Previously, this offer was only available to members up to the age of 21,” the club says.

But there needs to be a league-wide commitment to keeping costs manageable for 18-24s. Costs vary, and so does age range. Some restrict concessions up to 21 and over 65. For instance, at Aston Villa, a zone two ticket (behind the goal in the Holte End) for a grade A fixture costs an adult £63, over-65s and under-21s £47.50, and under-18s £32.

Brentford, one of the best-run clubs, have band-B season tickets, which make up 57 per cent of their season tickets, for £330 for 18 to 24-year-olds (normally £495 for adults). At Brighton & Hove Albion, a grade A+ fixture would cost an adult £52, under-21/65+ £40 and under-18s £30.

Burnley offer season tickets for under-22s at £346 and under-18s £138 (adult £504). Chelsea discounts kick in for juniors under 20 and over-65s.

And it’s not just home tickets. After much pressure, clubs did agree a £30 cap for away tickets (when the FSA had campaigned that “twenty’s plenty”). But consider the away ticket prices offered to Brentford fans by Villa: adult £30, under-21 £29.50, under-18 £23, under-14 £16.50 and over-66 £29.50.

As one fan remarked: “Note the generous 50p discount for under-21s and over-66s!” Fans deserve better, young and old, and especially that 18 to 24 group, which is the heart and soul — and lungs — of the stands.

Sorry, I should have clarified that I was referring to Porto.

I can remember the Real Madrid fiasco. The direct debit wasn't taken for a long time and many were worried. Why they chose to change how to administer DDs at that time is anyone's guess.

I got some threatening emails about my season-ticket towards the end of last year. Said they hadn't received DD payment and I would lose it if payment isn't made. Checked my online banking and it was still active. Rang them up and they confirmed they hadn't received payment. Had to pay via card for an absent month. They looked their end and said the DD was indeed still active. Was told not to worry as 'a certain number of direct debits don't get processed properly each month as there's some sort of glitch'. No apology of course for the shitty emails. You'd think we're still in the third tier with the way things are dealt with off the pitch and not European Champions. Wouldn't trust the DD on the cup schemes from mine and that gentleman I know's experiences.

The renewal process isn’t the best. Wanting to go from platinum to gold but the wording makes it sound like I’m making a one off payment instead of the usual monthly direct debit I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.