Season Tickets - 2024/25

This is what I find curious about Flexi-Gold. It's better than nowt for a fan...but from the club's perspective I don't see how it deals with the problem of people snubbing the less glam fixtures. What's to stop someone paying £150 to reserve a seat for Rags, Scouse, Arse, Spuds, Chelsea, throw in Brighton, Fulham, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham...and then relisting the rest...at least Silver bundled up the Cat B and C fixtures
Think I noticed that with flexi gold season tickets you can’t relist any ticket on Ticket Exchange or Transfer.

I get what you’re suggesting, but long term using an external site (Facebook) can’t be the solution. That comes with its own issues, especially for people who don’t use Facebook. You can also end up with scammers on there as well.

Maybe in the short term that’s a good idea, but it’s on the club. They should be distributing tickets properly and being transparent with what they are doing with tickets - why so many are ending up on ticket sites, which are linked to the club.
When there's a points system in place, we shouldn't be in a mad rush to buy matchday tickets released on one day. That was a shambles with the site crashing as every man and his dog scrambled to buy tickets with no criteria in place. For matchday tickets, the club need to stagger sales for next season using the points system.

Bad enough with matchday tickets pushing on £67 for certain game but is really toss losing out to tourists and touts.

When there's a points system in place, we shouldn't be in a mad rush to buy matchday tickets released on one day. That was a shambles with the site crashing as every man and his dog scrambled to buy tickets with no criteria in place. For matchday tickets, the club need to stagger sales for next season using the points system.

Bad enough with matchday tickets pushing on £67 for certain game but is really toss losing out to tourists and touts.
Exactly, it’s a double whammy for match day members. Not only are tickets majorly expensive but you’ve got to fork out for them all in one day too. They should go on sale approx six weeks before the game.

I would be delighted to pay the extra if it meant a treble had been won, although I do understand a lot are feeling the pinch.

***Long Post Alert***

Renewal window closes today and as a guess I reckon 95% will have done so (if it is lower that's a plus for the club). For the third year running no new Golds will be sold so that leaves the Flexi Gold concept offer.

What is it? What it isn't is a full Gold SC but it's deliberately not clear what the offer is at this stage. I can't imagine any full SC holder being tempted to downgrade to a Flexi so it is then being aimed current non SC holders. Other than it costs £150 pricing is as clear as mud. Posters are hoping / misinterpreting what has been released as you would then get your seat for 1/19th of the price of the actual SC price of that seat subject to attending a minimum of 10 games. That actually would be a great deal for people who currently buy lots of tickets at match day prices. The downside for the club is that if you went to the 'top ten' games it would only be an additional £15 a time to the club and less if you attended all 19. You could swerve Sheffield United on a February Wednesday and leave the club to sell the seat for £60 plus. I can't see that being the case so I expect pricing would be something like a halfway house between the SC and match day prices.

Furthermore, I can't see any new Golds being issued at all in the future. This coming season is a trial for the opening of the expanded NS in 2025. A limited number of Flexi Golds will be sold in the coming weeks and they may make tweaks for the grand opening. Only Flexis will be offered for sale next year and subsequent years after each renewal window. The club gets to further reduce the number of legacy SCs whilst maximising income. Commercially it all makes sense until we have a drop off on the pitch. Even just being in and around the CL places and winning the occasional domestic cup won't be enough for a lot of our new support and then tickets will be much harder to shift. That won't be Soriano's problem though as he'll be off to pastures new.

Think I noticed that with flexi gold season tickets you can’t relist any ticket on Ticket Exchange or Transfer.
@prestwich blue said as much as too, but as I understand it if you’re on a Flexi-Gold you don’t have to buy them all either. So whereas a season ticket holder on a gold relists the ones he can’t get to, a Flexi-Gold holder simply doesn’t buy the ones he can’t get to or doesn’t fancy. So unless I’m misunderstanding some other t/c, someone could use it to buy into the biggest games and ignore the others. Which seems a bit of a risky strategy from the club because while we’d have no extra trouble shifting thousands of extra tickets for the derby, lower table games are the ones most likely to see any potential stagnation in demand considering everything else going on - parking problems, price rises etc. From a supporter perspective it’s certainly better than no season ticket at all though.

***Long Post Alert***

Renewal window closes today and as a guess I reckon 95% will have done so (if it is lower that's a plus for the club). For the third year running no new Golds will be sold so that leaves the Flexi Gold concept offer.

What is it? What it isn't is a full Gold SC but it's deliberately not clear what the offer is at this stage. I can't imagine any full SC holder being tempted to downgrade to a Flexi so it is then being aimed current non SC holders. Other than it costs £150 pricing is as clear as mud. Posters are hoping / misinterpreting what has been released as you would then get your seat for 1/19th of the price of the actual SC price of that seat subject to attending a minimum of 10 games. That actually would be a great deal for people who currently buy lots of tickets at match day prices. The downside for the club is that if you went to the 'top ten' games it would only be an additional £15 a time to the club and less if you attended all 19. You could swerve Sheffield United on a February Wednesday and leave the club to sell the seat for £60 plus. I can't see that being the case so I expect pricing would be something like a halfway house between the SC and match day prices.

Furthermore, I can't see any new Golds being issued at all in the future. This coming season is a trial for the opening of the expanded NS in 2025. A limited number of Flexi Golds will be sold in the coming weeks and they may make tweaks for the grand opening. Only Flexis will be offered for sale next year and subsequent years after each renewal window. The club gets to further reduce the number of legacy SCs whilst maximising income. Commercially it all makes sense until we have a drop off on the pitch. Even just being in and around the CL places and winning the occasional domestic cup won't be enough for a lot of our new support and then tickets will be much harder to shift. That won't be Soriano's problem though as he'll be off to pastures new.
Great post - I’m of a mind that this is a trial for the new NS. The risk for the club is that, at a time when they have thousands more seats to sell, they don’t get enough people taking up the routine, less glam fixtures because prices are too high, trams are too inconsistent, parking is too difficult, matches are clashing with Co-op Live, performances have dropped off, loyal and local fans feel taken for granted and become more selective with their spending. Of course This is City, we have a devoted fan base and always have had. But that still needs nurturing with fan friendly conditions…especially if you’re going to chuck thousands of extra seats into the mix…tourists won’t be taking those up at £60 on a wet weekday if our performances drop.

Great post - I’m of a mind that this is a trial for the new NS. The risk for the club is that, at a time when they have thousands more seats to sell, they don’t get enough people taking up the routine, less glam fixtures because prices are too high, trams are too inconsistent, parking is too difficult, matches are clashing with Co-op Live, performances have dropped off, loyal and local fans feel taken for granted and become more selective with their spending. Of course This is City, we have a devoted fan base and always have had. But that still needs nurturing with fan friendly conditions…especially if you’re going to chuck thousands of extra seats into the mix…tourists won’t be taking those up at £60 on a wet weekday if our performances drop.
My reading is that it's a trial for flexible ticketing all over the stadium. If people don't take up the option for the less popular games, they'll use dynamic pricing to try to sell the tickets.

As an example, if we're playing a relegation contender on a January midweek date and we're struggling to shift the spare tickets. These might be £45 if you book in advance but £25 if you wait until 48 hours before the game.

In my personal view that's potentially a good thing as it will encourage people to buy tickets at £25 that they wouldn't buy at £45. Of course it'll piss off those who did pay the £45 but that's the chance you take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.