PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s that long ago, can anybody remind me when this ’investigation’ actually started?

City were charged by Uefa on the 14th Feb 2020 and given a 2 years champions league ban. At the same time the Premier League opened up their investigation. Interesting that Uefa didn’t use Mancini’s wages and the image rights of the players which ended after the 2014 settlement and wasn’t time barred as a stick to beat the club with. The Premier league on this occasion have which shows their desperation to throw as much mud as possible and hope something sticks. You can hazard a guess if they are doing this they don’t have anymore information than what Uefa did on the Etihad and Etisalat sponsorships. If true questions need to be asked of the Premier League as to why they have pursued a case on evidence which was thrown out by CAS.

Turning a blind eye to illegal and immoral acts just because you are married to someone certainly defines you as a person of questionable morals to an extent I would say.
Having discussed this extensively a week ago, not sure it needs revisiting, but we don’t know what has been said in their household nor all the facts, so I’ll not further comment for the sake of the thread and the potential dribble that might be posted.

Turning a blind eye to illegal and immoral acts just because you are married to someone certainly defines you as a person of questionable morals to an extent I would say.

For me, it is far simpler than that. If you went to a dentist, and his teeth were rotten, you'd question whether you wanted him/her all in your mouth. If you saw the state of a builder's own house, you would think about whether you'd want him doing yours. In theory, neither should be a reflection of their ability to do their job. But we are a society in which perception matters. To me the same applies to journalists, amongst other professions, particularly when dealing with opinions on integrity.

You can decide it doesn't matter to you, as an individual. Great. But to the wider public, it just does, and it is not unfair pointing that out, and imo it is naive to pretend or argue otherwise. The old Wilde quote 'only the shallow don't judge by appearences' is as relevant today as it always was.

There's fuck all happening at the moment, so I don't feel that uncomfortable with a remark on something more general that we consciously stopped at the time.

For me, it is far simpler than that. If you went to a dentist, and his teeth were rotten, you'd question whether you wanted him/her all in your mouth. If you saw the state of a builder's own house, you would think about whether you'd want him doing yours. In theory, neither should be a reflection of their ability to do their job. But we are a society in which perception matters. To me the same applies to journalists, amongst other professions, particularly when dealing with opinions on integrity.

You can decide it doesn't matter to you, as an individual. Great. But to the wider public, it just does, and it is not unfair pointing that out, and imo it is naive to pretend or argue otherwise. The old Wilde quote 'only the shallow don't judge by appearences' is as relevant today as it always was.

There's fuck all happening at the moment, so I don't feel that uncomfortable with a remark on something more general that we consciously stopped at the time.
@Alan Harper's Tash I'm begging you, not to respond. Please just let it go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.