The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we we will win it due to know how, and our experience of dealing with the situation and fixture congestion but Arsenal have been the best side this season. However, I think they will have learnt all they need to then peak and win it next season. I think Liverpool will drop off as the season closes and then drop off more next season.

Last edited:
Strangely relaxed about not winning the league. Wft is that all about?

Don’t get me wrong, if we somehow get in front then I will be nervous as hell but chasing like this while running out of games and having the disruptive up and down season. I kinda of expect us to not get the job done eventually in a season.

Hate the challengers but what you going to do?

You got to love pep, the player, the hierarchy at the club. None of them give up. We are here yet again trying to win everything. It’s mental, so so proud to be a blue win or lose. #what a club -:)

Last edited:
I can live without winning it again and sorry to say in my bones I feel that we won't win it. If not us....I hope to God that the Arse win it and not the victims. I just want them to only have won the covid one. Which isn't very impressive in 30 years.

I was talking to a bloke who runs my grandson's footie team, he's a rag from Yorkshire, he was saying he'd much rather City win it than the scousers. Wonder if most rags feel like that ?

I just said please beat them on Sunday, I mean please !

Last edited:
We need Liverpool to lose tomorrow and Arsenal to tie in their next 7 and we need to win out. Very doable. Perhaps probable. Need the rags to win tomorrow and then the real pressure kicks in for Pool.

As I remember it — and I'm a bit hazy, because it is a long time ago — '68 was very open till close to the end, with about three teams plausibly in it. Was it maybe even four?
In 1967/68 with 4 matches to play the table was:
  • Leeds - 53pts
  • Rags - 52pts
  • City - 50pts
  • Pool - 50pts
We won our last four matches - Leeds lost their last four - the Rags lost two and won two - Scousers won two, drew one and lost one.

Final table:
  • City - 58pts
  • Rags - 56pts
  • Pool - 55pts
  • Leeds - 53pts
That was a 42 match season with 2pts for a win.

Shows that anything is possible.

I think people predicting no points will be dropped are confusing these teams with the City and occasionally Liverpool teams who were knocking on 100 points not so long ago.

None of these teams are at that level. All three are tracking for totals in the mid to late 80s.

Mid to late 80s teams don’t tend to win 10 games or more on the spin. Particularly at this time of the season.

I wouldn’t confidently like to say who’s going to win it. But I’m hugely confident in predicting that all three will drop points before we’re done. Probably more than once.

The rest of april looks very tough for Arsenal:

09.04 Bayern (H)

14.04 Aston Villa (H)

17.04 Bayern (A)

20.04 Wolves (A)

23.04 Chelsea (H)

28.04 Spurs (A)

They will drop points in the coming weeks imo.

In regards to Liverpool i think its entirely possible that they could drop points in 2 of Everton away, West Ham Away, Spurs home and Villa away which are 4 of their last 5 games. It looks like its gonna be very tight, and we could end up on even points with the scousers with goal difference being the decider. Either way, i disagree with those who think Liverpool and Arsenal will win every game. They will drop points.

This league is far from over. Come on City!
Spurs home is the only tricky fixture there for Liverpool, and like us they just don't drop many points at all at home

Each club will probably have a surprise result. The question is whether it’s a draw or a loss. In the era of 3 pts/1pt, points totals can change quickly!

This season just feels like it’s not going to be our season. In fact, given players that left and the players we were without at key times, it’s amazing we are even still
In the hunt and some peoples favorite for the title STILL!

Throw in a Real Madrid - Bayern/Arsenal road to Wembley for the Champions League Final, plus a Chelsea FA Cup Semi Final, and it very easily be an extreme case of
“Almost, but not quite” season for us, and Arse, and Liverpool…but someone has to win these trophies!

It would be crazy to think Arsenal might win the League, Liverpool the Europa League, and City the Champions League, with Chelsea or United winning the FA Cup.

Been a crazy enough season to see the spoils spread out like that!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.