Real Madrid (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Well I'm happy with that. Considering that some of our better players are either out or suffering from the number of games they are having to play. We scored 3 away against Real Madrid, they had a couple of deflections. They are a proper threat on counterattack though. Hope we have a plan or Walker or Ake back for the return fixture.

I went for a draw in the pre match but after having taken the lead twice I now feel a bit deflated!

At 2-1 I thought we had thrown it away with slow movement, side to side often careless passes and we were frequently caught in possession. Foden's goal got us back on track and for a short while it was like being back to our old selves. Fantastic strike from Gvardiol to put us ahead. Irritating that we left someone unmarked to allow them back in to it, you really can't switch off for a minute at this level.

I am sure we will be happier with the result than them and I also feel we can improve a lot more whereas I don't think they can.

Foden is living the dream. To score that goal at Real Madrid is awesome.

If Rooney scored that Foden goal TNT would have lost the feed because of the noise in the studio and Rio running around like like a bady Camel

This may contain: a man is feeding a camel with a napkin

Can't be understated how huge that is

This is a team that physically looked beaten, with injuries to players we'd be looking towards in such a game, against a team effectively at ful strength who hadn't played for 9 days, away from home...and we managed to come.out with a big draw

At the Etihad well be huge favorites, this is a massive result I na game that could've got away from us

Walker, KDB and Ake could all be there for the 2nd leg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.