Running thread

Have you tried calf sleeves mate? And maybe a change of shoes?
Tbh I've never had a problem with my calfs Gaz, hamstrings have always been my arch enemy. I was coming off the back of a dreaded hamstring so that's probably got something to do with it. Walked to and from town for the match yesterday and did 18000 steps and no niggles today. I think a few more days then I'll have it.

4.17 in the marathon today.
Bit disappointed with the time.but it's done.
Didn't feel great at the start, legs felt very heavy. Despite teapering last few weeks.
Didn't think I'd even finish it at one stage.
Just bad luck that I didn't wake up feeling great today.

Didn't feel great at the start, legs felt very heavy. Despite teapering last few weeks.
Mate, you just ran a fucking marathon which is a spectacular achievement whichever way you look at it!

Was tough out there today mate, you got it finished, many didn't.
I fucked it, was cruising up until 19 miles then just lost my focus, legs were fine, I just bombed out on the mental side of it, finished in 3.25 which is miles away from what I know I can do, I know the crowds are supposed to help but they had the opposite effect on me, also think it's been oversold as there were far too many runners, I've done it 3 times before and the crowding of runners normally spreads out after 3 miles, not today, couldn't get a clear run all the way round, seen more fallers in the first 10 miles than the grand national yesterday.

Was tough out there today mate, you got it finished, many didn't.
I fucked it, was cruising up until 19 miles then just lost my focus, legs were fine, I just bombed out on the mental side of it, finished in 3.25 which is miles away from what I know I can do, I know the crowds are supposed to help but they had the opposite effect on me, also think it's been oversold as there were far too many runners, I've done it 3 times before and the crowding of runners normally spreads out after 3 miles, not today, couldn't get a clear run all the way round, seen more fallers in the first 10 miles than the grand national yesterday.
Yeah totally agree
Had s lot of runners just barge into me without saying sorry
And the chaos at the end after the race leaving the race was awful.
Did a lot pull up then after 10 miles?

Reactions: ob
Yeah totally agree
Had s lot of runners just barge into me without saying sorry
And the chaos at the end after the race leaving the race was awful.
Did a lot pull up then after 10 miles?
Don't know if they pulled up, but seen a few go down, I know what your saying about the bargeing, I ran straight along the white line of the road and lost count of times I got cut off or barged into, its not that difficult to go straight when there's a line there ffs!!
Ah well I'm not scouse, so no excuses, I was shite today, hopefully a better performance in London next week

Credit for completing another marathon. Learn what you can from it. How many have you done? Are you planning any more? I think you need everything in your favour to do your best time, from training to feeling good on the day to good weather etc. Well done.

Had my knee surgery two weeks ago, just some cartilage repair (previous meniscus repair and ACL reconstruction on same knee) and went back to see the surgeon this week. He told me that my knee is showing significant arthritis and therefore I will always have some pain, but the cartilage is ok for now. Much more damage though and he is suggesting a full knee replacement will be on the cards.

Also told me not to run for at least another 2 months.... not sure I will strictly follow that advice though!
I've something similar.
Had an MRI scan lat last year then went through the results with the physio (this is via the NHS).
Meniscus was a little frayed but we agreed that rather than go for surgery and remove some of the cartilage we'd look at strengthening up instead.
I'm running back up to 12-15 km at the moment and hope to push back up to halves soon.
I get this occasional twinge on the hamstring (which is what we thought was the initial injury) but the knee/meniscus really presents when I'm squatting/bending the knee (can be in yoga or something like pumping the tyres up at the service station).

Odd one but should be back in physio soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.