Running thread

Being honest I set off to quickly and maybe didn't do enough training.
This year I've ran mainly on my own and felt really good towards the end.
So that's s good sign, just need to watch it at the start.
Yep manchester is tricky to keep a lid on at the start, it kicks off with a slight downhill and every fucker seems to be going for it, going through town with the crowds gets you pumped, for me it's about keeping it steady, the real race dosent start until coming back through Stretford

Yep manchester is tricky to keep a lid on at the start, it kicks off with a slight downhill and every fucker seems to be going for it, going through town with the crowds gets you pumped, for me it's about keeping it steady, the real race dosent start until coming back through Stretford
Yep got into trouble mile 22 last year in sale
Hit me like a truck but I just need to cut all the noise out and make it a normal Sunday run on my own.

Fucking calf strains had me out for over a week now. Pissed off! It started about 2 week back, I give it a few days then did a few 5/7 ks a few days on trot..it came back worse. So I'm not fuckin about this time. I still feel a little soreness so I'm not running until its totally pain free. It's gonna kill me when I start back:(

This morning's Peel Parkrun completed in 30:22. Very busy this morning with extra attendees because of tomorrow's Marathon, leading to a very congested start.
Once again, more congestion was caused around the tiny puddles and mud patches as some participants were scared of getting their shoes muddy. It's a mixed surface run, not a fashion show FFS!

Parkrun 88 completed at Stretford in 31:53. Nice run out. Calf strain has gone, I'm just left with a slight left hip issue, but it's hardly noticeable.

I'm looking forward to some warm weather training next week in Tenerife. Should be good.

Fucking calf strains had me out for over a week now. Pissed off! It started about 2 week back, I give it a few days then did a few 5/7 ks a few days on trot..it came back worse. So I'm not fuckin about this time. I still feel a little soreness so I'm not running until its totally pain free. It's gonna kill me when I start back:(
Have you tried calf sleeves mate? And maybe a change of shoes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.