Cole Palmer

Lot of bollocks on this thread from both "sides". Clearly he is having a great season and no-one knows how he will develop as he gets older or how he would have integrated at City in the next two years, but doing him down because penalties this, low-block that, mid-table the other is pretty sad. Whatever makes people happy, I suppose.

Personally, I wasn't too bothered about him leaving, although I thought he was a natural replacement for Mahrez. The only thing I don't understand in all this is why Guardiola wouldn't let him go out on loan? I seem to remember Palmer asked for that. Any ideas? Sounds a bit like stubbornness to me. Or maybe it was an attitude thing, making him accept his place?

Idea replacement for Mahrez. In his time in the youth teams he was predominately used on the right wing and cutting in. He’s always had a great shot and scored goals.

Oh dear.
With hindsight maybe, that doesn't make it a mistake from the club really. It's just one of those things and with the quality of our youth setup it's going to happen again and again. Of course it gives the usual suspects something to whinge about.

we sold him for £40m, now worth £100m

with hindsight might have been more sensible to loan him out like he wanted
Do you think Chelsea would have taken him on loan? Not a chance would be my best guess in which case he could have ended up at somewhere like Sheffield United and got relegated. Despite Chelsea's problems, he's surrounded by quality players and under a very good manager who's been happy to give him free rein.

Just need a manager to get the best out of them now. Different thread for that though.

If international football was done in the same format as the PL, spread over 38 games we'd be top or 2nd under Southgate.

As it's predominately a knock out competition with so many variables , similar to the champions league then despite have one of the best squads - there's no guarantees.

Lot of bollocks on this thread from both "sides". Clearly he is having a great season and no-one knows how he will develop as he gets older or how he would have integrated at City in the next two years, but doing him down because penalties this, low-block that, mid-table the other is pretty sad. Whatever makes people happy, I suppose.

Personally, I wasn't too bothered about him leaving, although I thought he was a natural replacement for Mahrez. The only thing I don't understand in all this is why Guardiola wouldn't let him go out on loan? I seem to remember Palmer asked for that. Any ideas? Sounds a bit like stubbornness to me. Or maybe it was an attitude thing, making him accept his place?
I would hope Guardiola is too busy with playing matters to be involved in the minutiae of such discussions. I would imagine the ultimate decision would be with those upstairs. We’d already spent a good chunk last summer and were not recouping anything on two players deemed surplus to requirements (Phillips and Cancelo), so the money for Palmer was presumably welcome.

Other clubs could be competing to get Palmer Mark II this summer. Which could a few million extra to our coffers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.