Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Dele has come across as a bit of a dick at times during his career. But he's spot on there, referencing the utd game when Chelsea got a stoppage time penalty to equalise. There was no sign of Jackson or Madueke fighting to take that one. It's easy to take one when you're 4 up. No pressure. Didn't Sterling pull rank earlier in season, took the penalty and missed?

He is wrong though, because Madueke was actually seen discussing/arguing with Palmer about that United penalty. Its crazy how random narratives form around an incident without any evidence, and just because someone said something. Madueke wanted to take that United penalty because he was the one who 'won' the penalty. Last night he probably thought he won the penalty again as the ref blew the whistle as he fell over, but it was actually Palmer who was fouled. The big problem here isn't that these guys wanted to take the penalty. It's that Poch never designated Palmer the penalty taker so it was always up for debate so to speak.

Over the last month or so I've watched these about 5 times and each time they've been fucking awful. Game before us, they get their shit together..typical. Any other time I'd be supremely confident, but with our, fixtures looking like they are and Pep having form playing depleted sides in semi's I'm not sure.
I wouldn’t say that beating a terrible Everton that gifted goals and yet created numerous chances themselves which they failed to convert, will have any bearing on Saturday’s game
if Chelsea play like they did last night, we should win comfortably

Nothing iffy about that Burnley one. It was a downright disgrace. One of the worst penalty decisions I've ever seen, you almost sound like ten Hag describing a united defeat.

Iffy, disgrace whatever. It was a bad decision. I said it at the time.

The one at the weekend vs Burnley was definitely not a pen. Both pens last night were on the soft side, but can see why they were given.

That's not the impression he gave last night. Didn't he say that Palmer is the penalty taker?

Yeah last night he put his foot down and it was about time, but this wasn't the first time players have been trying to take pens off Palmer. Sterling tried it vs City I believe and Madueke tried it vs United and on the previous incidents when Poch was asked about it he said it's up the players to figure it out amongst themselves.

I wouldn’t say that beating a terrible Everton that gifted goals and yet created numerous chances themselves which they failed to convert, will have any bearing on Saturday’s game

That's a very unkind description of a game Chelsea won 6-0 haha. If Chelsea play and convert chances like last night it will most definitely not be a comfortable win for City. The problem for Chelsea is that we have not been as clinical all season as we were last night.

I bloody hope so Dickie lad.

That's a very unkind description of a game Chelsea won 6-0 haha. If Chelsea play and convert chances like last night it will most definitely not be a comfortable win for City. The problem for Chelsea is that we have not been as clinical all season as we were last night.
Are you really getting giddy about beating a risible Everton 6-0? I'd have fancied (steady!) your womens' team to beat Everton last night. Just make sure that Emma Hayes behaves herself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.