How's your mood after the RM game?

It’s always been about the league for me, CL is just a nice to win, the referee was awful tonight and I thought we wouldn’t win it when he gave a free kick against Doku when the lad had someone on his back! Let’s hope they pick themselves up and beat Chelsea and go for the double.
We made RM play like Luton, they absolutely shit themselves and knew they were lucky to win.

Disappointed. But I'll probably be better tomorrow. As someone who took on City at age 4 in 1993, anything after the league in 2012 was just a bonus. I'd already scaled the mountain.

But its hard not to be disappointed when the other team spends 3 quarters of the game dragging it to penalties while you relentlessly attack, then lose and the rest of the football fanbase takes a victory lap because we stumbled.

Totally deflated, thought fuck it just got to sleep.....not a chance, I'm buzzing for all the wrong reasons ffs
CTID

Pretty sanguine. You can't win everything all the time and we've done better than I expected this season. The loss of Gundogan, Mahrez, and KDB for the most part, was always going to adversely affect us.

In effect, we are a team in transition needing all our established players to reach the heights they did last season and the midfield replacements to hit the ground running which is an unrealistic hope. As it happens, they haven't. KDB has been injured, Rodri picked up a suspension so for those games we were without KDB, Rodri, Gundo and Mahrez from last season and Berni has not reached the heights of last season either.

Any trophy, for me, would be a bonus.

I suspect that the same will apply next season too as Bernie and KDB reach the end of their respective eras with us.

but overall nowhere near as bad as the Chelsea CL final loss.

but then this 2nd time where we were so much better than them overall over two legs and they beat us with last minute Rodrigo goals 2 years and now on pens.
fucking Rodrigo guy, he always scores against City.

taking these 3 CL runs:

Chelsea final loss 2021
Real semis loss after winning 4-3 at home, and being up 1-0 et Bernabeu in 2022
Real QF loss after 3-3 in Bernabeu and making a match like vs Everton would play at Etihad vs Real, 30 vs 6 shots, dominance etc.

fucking hell hard to understand why City didnt grab at least one more CL in these 3 years.

we managed to be finally levels above the dross exits like Monaco, Spurs, Lyon. but still feels like we underwon CL due to above 3 years. hard to think we will be so much better in CL (especially once Pep leaves) than since 2021.
and dnt think Real is any better than us and they now imo win it again.

worst is losing to fucking rentboys Chelsea final where Tuchel jumps into to job like 5 months before and we mess up the final big time.

Fine, had worst nights watching us, this result on pens (we never lost after all) isn't the end of the world, was over it pretty much by the time I got home

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.