9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

he is a round peg on a square hole and i dont think he can change his game enough to fit it, its on the coach to utilise him better and frankly i dont think that will happen with pep. Haaland is a transition player, possession football nullifies his best attributes

You can’t utilise him better though he’s not capable of doing anything else
People saying we don’t create chances for him or play through balls to him
Real Madrid and Arsenal even park the bus now along with 99% of teams when they play us so there’s very very rarely the opportunity to play a through ball
A parked bus will just mark him and we’ve got 9 players trying to get him the ball inside the box in front of goal to score
He just doesn’t suit our play
There’s also a packed box in front of him and his marker so getting the ball to him is really really hard
We need players with movement and the ability to move positions and interchange with other players and unlock a defence and he’s just not a good enough footballer to do that
I’ve said Before I don’t think Ederson is the best goal keeper in the world but I wouldn’t swap him for anyone because of how much he suits the way we play
Haaland just doesn’t

He played pretty well tonight. Thought it was his best game in terms of general play for a while.
But he’s having a bad season - it’s just undeniable.
And his return in big games continues to be poor - undeniable.

Overall, his performance tonight was decent, but we need a better return in big games next season IMO.
Mate, he was fucking shite

Wel, no because obviously teams continually park the bus against us. It’s his fault he consistently can’t do the basics when it comes to hold up play though
Play to his strengths then. And there are opportunities, we just don't take advantage of them.

Play to his strengths then. And there are opportunities, we just don't take advantage of them.
Agree there are opportunities, but they’re limited.You’d basically have to build the whole team around him though and we were doing alright before. Pep’s never really done that. Apart from for Messi

Haaland is just not a good 9 for us. We need someone that presses like a mad dog and is really good in crosses (like a Dzeko that runs a lot). He can even be shit with his feet (I mean Haaland touches like 10 balls a game after all) as long as he is great at heading, positioning and presses a lot. He can be slow because with us it doesn't matter.

Or someone that is really mobile, great technique in small spaces, almost false 9 like (a Lautaro or a slightly better Gabriel Jesus).

The problem with Haaland is that he is really bad with headers, and his positioning in crosses is always the same, he is not that mobile outside of his runs. With space he is the best in the world, but we will never get that. We would have to change 5 players, and between changing 1 player or 5, I think the answer is pretty clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.