Real Madrid post match post mortem

I'm sure it showed em practicing penalties in training on the website this week
When you consider what's at stake, what was prepared for, practising penalties was clearly not enough, maybe you might expect the 8th and 9th penalty takers to be so unconvincing, but not the 2nd and 3rd ones!

Surprised Rodri didn't step up? And with RM's inside knowledge of Kovacic, why was that not considered? We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!

Sometimes, especially when expectations are high, life kicks you in the bollocks.
We were sublime tonight, especially second half.
Phil didn't have a great game by his standards, but he never put his head down, and never will while he's got the shirt on. Jack ran at them but it wasn't his night.
Docu is becoming a world class player.
No one ran the show tonight.
We should have been far and away after 90, and after 120, but we just couldn't finish.
I'm not gonna critise, we go toe to toe with a world class team, and narrowly lose out with only ourselves to blame, I'll take that, difficult as it is to swallow.
I'm taking it on the chin, much as it fucking hurts.
Penalties are Penalties, it's just luck. Shit way to win or lose.
Plenty to play for, on this performance, we win what's left.

Madrid truly are jammy c*nts when it comes to this competition. I will support anyone but this lot to win. We were not as good as last year and this result has finally shown why.

You lot must have been watching a shite stream. I was watching on paramount and they pointed some of these out. A good sequence of fouls called on us were from their players over exaggerating or fabricating fouls. There was a foul called for carvajal where he clutches his face and we were no where near his face. This ref bought their play acting. There was a corner not given that their keeper pushed out of play. There was a goal kick given that did not go out of play near the end of regular time when our players kept it in, but the ref was quick to call it for them. These are just a few that come to mind, but there were more.

Maybe we didn't have our finishing boots on, but this ref overall has not been good for us in the past. He's not strong enough.

He kept calling play stoppages that kept breaking up our movement forward. For a game of this magnitude you need a strong ref. Two years ago he couldn't control their play acting and time wasting when we tried to go forward.

Don't underestimate a history clubs' ability to manipulate games in their favour, and refs being influenced by them.
You are right he missed a small number of things that you have listed, but overall he wasn't too bad. We have had much worse. I don't think the ref was deliberately bad, or corrupt, he just couldn't notice everything.

Remember Lahoz? He basically cheated us against Liverpool, disallowing a perfectly good goal and sending Pep off for complaining. I am still convinced, Lahoz's appointment, as ref to the CL final against Chelsea, likely made Pep not start a DM, because he didn't want to have Lahoz give him 2 yellow cards and have him sent off!

I'm at the other end of the ground and it looked like he just gently chipped it into their keepers hands, like a pass back. Nobody could believe it, truly shocking.

Was directly in line with it and it was properly bizarre. Still, frustrating as it is, he's given us many more great moments than he has brain farts like that. For context a few moments earlier a ballon d'or winner and one of the great players of recent years had taken a pretty gash penalty. Can happen to the best of them.

Anyway...
Ref was a twat
Bellingham's a prick
Real are like an enema - effective but deeply unpleasant
We are the only team on the planet where every other team no matter their standing comes and sets up like relegation scrappers because they are so terrified of us. Spose you have to take that as a compliment.
CTID

Sometimes, especially when expectations are high, life kicks you in the bollocks.
We were sublime tonight, especially second half.
Phil didn't have a great game by his standards, but he never put his head down, and never will while he's got the shirt on. Jack ran at them but it wasn't his night.
Docu is becoming a world class player.
No one ran the show tonight.
We should have been far and away after 90, and after 120, but we just couldn't finish.
I'm not gonna critise, we go toe to toe with a world class team, and narrowly lose out with only ourselves to blame, I'll take that, difficult as it is to swallow.
I'm taking it on the chin, much as it fucking hurts.
Penalties are Penalties, it's just luck. Shit way to win or lose.
Plenty to play for, on this performance, we win what's left.
I agree with most of what you say. However penalties are not 'just luck'. We didn't prepare properly and it came back to bite us. Onwards and upwards!

Was directly in line with it and it was properly bizarre. Still, frustrating as it is, he's given us many more great moments than he has brain farts like that. For context a few moments earlier a ballon d'or winner and one of the great players of recent years had taken a pretty gash penalty. Can happen to the best of them.

Anyway...
Ref was a twat
Bellingham's a prick
Real are like an enema - effective but deeply unpleasant
We are the only team on the planet where every other team no matter their standing comes and sets up like relegation scrappers because they are so terrified of us. Spose you have to take that as a compliment.
CTID

Less gutted than the lost in the SF 2 years ago. That was really difficult to accept but this lost is easier to digest. Hopefully we play better next year. Even in the league we have no good wins over the top 6 to show for.

Do we practice corners ?
Jack was our best player then gets hooked when Phil and Haaland were ghosts.
Madrid played like Everton and the ref did nothing to stop their shithouse time wasting.
Got to feel for Eddie saves a penalty then scores one and still gets knocked out.
Wembley Saturday KEEP THE FAITH.

I had a genuine question to a Madrid supporter and his mate, I asked him how they could get tickets in the CB Level 2 stand , (not the Corporate block), a fucking dickhead (supposedly a Blue) said “they’ve got my seats, I’ve given up, if you go abroad you’d know about it” what the fuck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.