Wolves (H) - Sat 4th May, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another team that like to counter. Still want to see more from Walker, he's been so sloppy this season. Would stick with Akanji and Ake at CB if I'm honest. Got the pace to recover on the counter. Foden has to play, we look so much better with him on the pitch.

Yep, cheers bud - I’d seen that and got a bit concerned cos was planning to get a late (after 11pm train home on Saturday). Just have to work around it I guess, but these “short notice” cancellations are worse. In some ways an actual strike is easier to cope with …
I assume the industrial action concerned is a 'work to rule'. In other words, an overtime ban by ASLEF members. Ridiculous that the effective implementation of a standard timetable is reliant on employees working overtime. Anyway, that's for another thread.

There are no really bad options these days but I do prefer Akanji wider so I would push him to right back instead of Kyle. Ake was excellent yesterday but can have a wobble so I would go Stones and Dias at the back if fit with Josko to the left.

Ortega
akanji. Stones/Dias. Ake. Gvardiol
silva rodri
foden. KDB. Doku
haaland

not sure how fit Stones is, Dias if not available

other question is Kovacic or Doku, being at home I think he will go Doku
Keep Doku as an impact sub - he was a liability first half yesterday - either lost the ball, left his passes short, fouled or didn't track back - bring him on for Grealish if we need a goal as Wolves tire.

Kick off time 17:30 (BST). Live on Sky Sports.

Hopefully a party atmosphere, just 4 more games to go, 2 more at home, a big chance to get behind the lads.

Wolves can be dangerous, they beat us earlier in the season but that shouldn't matter here.

We've got a full week to prepare, a chance to finally rest which should be huge.

--------------Ortega
Walker--???-----???---Gvardiol
----------------Rodri
------De Bruyne---Foden
Bernardo---Haaland---Grealish

Assuming Ederson is out and Foden is fit. Can't be pick the centre half pairing but any will do.
Tbh, I wouldn’t mInd seeing Walker getting some bench time. Hes gone a little crazy in the game and a half. I’d stick Akanji in there alongside Dias and either of Stones or Ake, depending on fitness. Otherwise I’m with you on your selection.

Ederson/ortega
Akanji
Stones
Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb
Foden
Haaland

A bit of rotation at the back when needed if walker stops being a liability and Dias is fit but that should be close to the team for every remaining games now

Last game before we play 3 London teams wiyh nothing yo play for who probably don't want Arsenal winning. Win this Wolves game and I think it's in the bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.