Wolves (H) - Sat 4th May, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I wouldn’t mInd seeing Walker getting some bench time. Hes gone a little crazy in the game and a half. I’d stick Akanji in there alongside Dias and either of Stones or Ake, depending on fitness. Otherwise I’m with you on your selection.
I think Walker has played every minute since coming back from injury, so probably needs a rest. Maybe having a near full week rest will help him and one or two others look a bit sharper.

Ederson/ortega
Akanji
Stones
Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Kdb
Foden
Haaland

A bit of rotation at the back when needed if walker stops being a liability and Dias is fit but that should be close to the team for every remaining games now
I'm not sure we'll need Kovacic for Wolves at home so I'd put Grealish in his place with Doku to come on 2nd half as they tire. Kovacic will most likely be needed more for the 2 following away games.

I'm not sure we'll need Kovacic for Wolves at home so I'd put Grealish in his place with Doku to come on 2nd half as they tire. Kovacic will most likely be needed more for the 2 following away games.
Disagree. I think we need him in every game. It's not a purely defensive option to play him. we do look very vulnerable in the middle without him but he also knits everything together when we have the ball and gets us up the pitch with great between the lines passing.

I also thought he had to start yesterday too though and he didn't so it's quite likely you're right and he's missing out to bring a hopefully fit foden back into the side.

Disagree. I think we need him in every game. It's not a purely defensive option to play him. we do look very vulnerable in the middle without him but he also knits everything together when we have the ball and gets us up the pitch with great between the lines passing.

I also thought he had to start yesterday too though and he didn't so it's quite likely you're right and he's missing out to bring a hopefully fit foden back into the side.
I would have started him yesterday too but not so sure I would at home to Wolves if Stones is fit, as he can step into midfield and give Rodri some help linking defence and attack. I think a lot will depend who is fit and rested enough to contribute. Bernardo certainly looked like he needed a rest yesterday.

I agree and it's noticeable that our midfield looks more solid and balanced when he plays and he also gives Rodri more freedom to play his game.

Yesterday the game swung in our favour when he (& Erling) came on and if fit, i would start him in every remaining game.

My team for Saturday:

Ortega
Akanji
Stones
Dias
Ake
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernado
KDB
Foden
Haaland

4-1 to us.

COME ON CITY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.