The "which famous person died today" thread

I can understand Richard Tandy not getting a mention on the TV news, very fine talent though he was, but deary me Duane Eddy was a total music legend and for there to be no TV tribute is utterly scandalous and sums up the likes of the culturally bereft bbc. George Allogaya got half the 10 o'clock news ffs !
Will give more air time to university protests in the hope they turn violent than a musical legend and how he bought an instrument to life giving pleasure for many a year to anybody who admired his skill talent and poise of which there were many.

At least those that appreciate the finer things in life will give him the due respect and remember him for what he was.

Nothing about either individual in Oz and there contribution but these days its no surprise.

I can understand Richard Tandy not getting a mention on the TV news, very fine talent though he was, but deary me Duane Eddy was a total music legend and for there to be no TV tribute is utterly scandalous and sums up the likes of the culturally bereft bbc. George Allogaya got half the 10 o'clock news ffs !
I didn't even know Duane Eddy had passed until I read this post. You're right, a true legend who pioneered a certain sound. Everybody who was anybody from the 60s and 70s whether they be the Beatles, Stones, Kinks, Byrds, Doors or anyone! This guy inspired the lot. A proper innovator.

Bernard Hill - finally went down with the Titanic - RIP Yosser - an iconic tv character

I don't think there is a better character that defined the thatcher era. When ever folk here in the States talk about how Ronnie amd Maggie were the dream team, I just think about this series and the sheer hopelessness of Yosser (and all of them) for whom it was a living nightmare.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.