The "which famous person died today" thread

Liked a bit of ELO as a youngster they were boundary pushers and their music had layers to it.

I've heard mention many times that had the Beatles stayed together they'd have evolved to doing ELO type stuff...
I've seen ELO described as various things in my time but 'boundary pushers'? Jeff Lynne was yet another artist who simply regurgitated the Beatles ad nauseum.

Boundary pushers as no other band to my knowledge were mixing instruments and producing the sort of stuff they were.

Like it or loathe it, they were different.
I respect your opinion fella (but continue to disagree). If you want boundaries pushed, try Radiohead or Björk for starters, artists who aren't afraid to experiment.

Great update. As you say, he is a lovely bloke, and he always had time for a chat if anyone recognised him.
Cheers!
As unpretentious as they come and I have been fortunate or unfortunate as the case may be through family and friends and work to meet a few and get to know a few artists in my time.

Nick Cave for example was a real dick albeit his heroin addiction from a relative early age didn't help in that regard and he has become somewhat more respectful for his fellow man as the years progress while Ian Anderson I found to be an absolute riveting conversationalist and was happy to tell me why I would never make a half decent guitarist with his comic wit that didn't make me feel small.

As some have said many incredible artists and influences on the sounds we love today , yesteryear and tomorrow will depart our shores in a moment of time it will seem before we say adios ourselves.

Life is short but we are better appreciators of music and life in general for having the honour IMO of listening to the likes of Eddy and Tandy even though I was not a huge ELO fan and still am not his work on Can't Get it Out of My Head for example is simply majestic to the point it pleased Jeff's old man and that is more than good enough for me.

As some have said many incredible artists and influences on the sounds we love today , yesteryear and tomorrow will depart our shores in a moment of time it will seem before we say adios ourselves.

Life is short but we are better appreciators of music and life in general for having the honour IMO of listening to the likes of Eddy and Tandy even though I was not a huge ELO fan and still am not his work on Can't Get it Out of My Head for example is simply majestic to the point it pleased Jeff's old man and that is more than good enough for me.
I can understand Richard Tandy not getting a mention on the TV news, very fine talent though he was, but deary me Duane Eddy was a total music legend and for there to be no TV tribute is utterly scandalous and sums up the likes of the culturally bereft bbc. George Allogaya got half the 10 o'clock news ffs !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.