The "which famous person died today" thread

Coventry born and adopted Aussie , Frank Ifield passed away peacefully in his sleep last Saturday survived by his first wife Gillian and his two children and his second wife Carole.

Far more than a musician and singer Frank was just a great down to earth bloke generous with his time and knowledge who I had the pleasure of knowing for many years.

As non peremptory an individual you could find and a great listener more interested in those he met and their stories than spouting his own.

He could carry a conversation over many an ale and if you met him only once you felt like you had known him all your life.

As it would be the case and the artists curse he was part of this thread a short period of time ago.

He helped many an budding and struggling artist artist mainly in the country and western genre giving much of his free time without condition with his life experience especially after his time in hospital with severe pneumonia that curtailed his singing career.

Rest in peace Frank the Tank , I will always remember you as someone once sang.

Yodel your heart out now in the big gig in the sky.

My best wishes and condolences to Carole and under such circumstances it was an honour albeit a sad one that you took the time to let our family know of his passing this morning.

Coventry born and adopted Aussie , Frank Ifield passed away peacefully in his sleep last Saturday survived by his first wife Gillian and his two children and his second wife Carole.

Far more than a musician and singer Frank was just a great down to earth bloke generous with his time and knowledge who I had the pleasure of knowing for many years.

As non peremptory an individual you could find and a great listener more interested in those he met and their stories than spouting his own.

He could carry a conversation over many an ale and if you met him only once you felt like you had known him all your life.

As it would be the case and the artists curse he was part of this thread a short period of time ago.

He helped many an budding and struggling artist artist mainly in the country and western genre giving much of his free time without condition with his life experience especially after his time in hospital with severe pneumonia that curtailed his singing career.

Rest in peace Frank the Tank , I will always remember you as someone once sang.

Yodel your heart out now in the big gig in the sky.

My best wishes and condolences to Carole and under such circumstances it was an honour albeit a sad one that you took the time to let our family know of his passing this morning.

Very sad. RIP Frank, a lovely bloke.

Very sad. RIP Frank, a lovely bloke.
He lived a great life Lavinda , the family were remarkably stoic and knew for a while his time was nigh.

Of course its always sad when someone you are close to passes but only very fond memories and many his family have of Frank and his myriad of friends , true friends that is and those he touched in many ways.

He went to places most people could only dream of any in fact jammed with George , Paul and John on tour which for him was akin to jamming with his band of many years such was his mindset.

He spent time with George often on Hamilton Island and Magnetic Island when he crept into Australia per say unannounced.

There is his impish grin still plastered all over his face as we speak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.