FA Cup Final 2024 | Manchester Derby | Sat 25 May 3:00pm

The OSC is taking 20%. What they do with that is irrelevant to any non member of the OSC as regardless of how many points or how long they've been a season ticket holder, the OSC will still receive 20% of the tickets.
Now you may question / challenge why the OSC receives 20% but that is a different issue. Do I think someone's first game should be a Cup Final? No. But if the allocation is 20% to the OSC, then non members are not going to get one of those tickets no matter how many points / years the recipient has been a season ticket holder / match day goer or may not have been a season ticket holder / non match day goer.
Kevin Parker said the OSC has 40,000 members and received 20% of City's allocation. Im sure someone can do the maths as to how many menbers of the OSC got a ticket
What they do with the 20% is relevant, they should not be getting them in the first place and secondly those tickets should not be going to people who hardly ever go to a game ! That is the whole crux of the debate. Secondly, it's nothing to do with " non members ".Members who are getting tickets and never been or barely ever been should not be getting tickets !Also, that 20% fig does seem lower than what people have said ?

So if everyone goes on the cup scheme next year you’ve no guarantee of getting a ticket if it carries on this way, OSC should be allowed to apply if your members are at least season card holders, but only after all those on the cup scheme have had a chance first. There will be more and more overseas supporters clubs popping up the more successful we get, so that will be more tickets taken away from people over here, who in my opinion have more claim to them.

I haven't managed to get one, despite being a season ticket holder for 10 years. My fault, never paid for platinum and joined the cup scheme. I got one last season, so been there done that. But all those that are lucky, sing your hearts out and hopefully enjoy putting them to the sword again.

I stated and ran canal street blues for 5 years attended every exec meeting and most agms of the OSC 214-2019 it's operating model is not far from royal patronage one day blue moon will facilitate a in depth enquiry in the OSC. Who it benefits who it fails and exactly why it exists compared to other PL fan forums it's more of a shop front for the club not an independent advocate for fans
Same with city matters before I gave up trying trying to knit fog I had a lengthy debrief with Omar and Danny Wilson about rigged elections the bizarre way tickets were allocated eg at the time Didsbury Blues 300+ members got 2 CSB often got 3 or 4 . On away match days leading lights in the OSC would have 8 or 9 spares despite the game being sold out . I can understand why having got the power and privilege the OSC won't reform but the club know about this .The reaction. From Danny and Omar when discussing this minor league corrupt and dubious practices was so what .The OSC have been gaslighting fans for decades , when the MMU offered Kevin some students on placement to work towards a better fair and more equal operating model based on transparency he baulked at that claiming they didn't know how things worked. Funny the Club has had the same MMU placements over the last ,8 years who have done great work and many are now are employed by city so clearly they know there stuff . Shining a light on the OSC might just expose how bad things are . So Blue moon mods this is key issue for fans yet and before we get the whataboutery stand for the OSC it's like Russia those who want to do different things find themselves excluded or seen as political .
Another year another moan fest on here . You know Gary James would be an idea candidate to lead an review of the OSC he knows the club history is fair minded and did an ace job with the badge just a thought the mods could act on

Last edited:
What they do with the 20% is relevant, they should not be getting them in the first place and secondly those tickets should not be going to people who hardly ever go to a game ! That is the whole crux of the debate. Secondly, it's nothing to do with " non members ".Members who are getting tickets and never been or barely ever been should not be getting tickets !Also, that 20% fig does seem lower than what people have said ?
If it’s a tourist turning up for the their first game I agree with the posters. If this guy whose been a City Supporter for 15 years has been helping to grow our fan base in the states and contributed to the growth of his Branch then him / her getting a ticket would fit with the objectives of the OSC.

If you want the system changed then fair enough. Thats not going to happen in time for the Cup Final.

Last edited:
if that comment is aimed at me you need to read my posts on this matter over the years. I am relaxed about higher percentage of tickets going to pointe but City need to start achieving the agreed percentages first. I use my own points for tickets but this time I have gone in with the Branch allocation because we have several young families and a number of disabled Blues going this time who might need help on the day.

I have no qualms about correcting misinformation about picking price bands, the loyalty of my OSC members to City (season cards etc). I hope one day we can fill the away end for Champs League away group games without having to sell half the allocation to Branches.

Most posters who oppose the OSC allocation have been very reasonable. This is a massive improvement on how OSC members used to be treated on here a few years back. the the tirade against the OSC ran out of steam because decent posters were sick of the attempted bullying.

It's not aimed at you mate. It was more that I feel sorry for you as the work you're doing is being undermined by the likes of first timers going to a cup final or as the other poster suggested people getting tickets through an OSC without the intention of going.

I'm a member of a supporters club as I've stated. If more were run like yours I think the OSC would get more credibility from those not in them.

It's not aimed at you mate. It was more that I feel sorry for you as the work you're doing is being undermined by the likes of first timers going to a cup final or as the other poster suggested people getting tickets through an OSC without the intention of going.

I'm a member of a supporters club as I've stated. If more were run like yours I think the OSC would get more credibility from those not in them.
Thanks mate. Sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.