Anyone else feeling pretty confident?

No, tbh I'm shitting it, nervous as so much at stake.
I've managed to leave the house without my bank card aswell which wasn't the best of starts.

Last edited:
I feel very confident.
The reason is the absolute quality of the defence and midfield base.
If you have Ederson, with a defence from Walker, Stones, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol and Kovacic and Rodri in front of that, you are controlling the game, against nearly every team in world football.
When you then place Haaland, Foden, Bernardo and DeBruyne in front of it, it is as good as it gets, and if that's not quite doing it, you have players like Bobb and Doku to come in, who can open up anyone. We will get the odd strange result, but I absolutely believe we will win our next three games as long as the refereeing is fair.
This is my biggest concern

I'm not overly confident, because it's spurs away and our record there,(even when we've been blowing everyone else away),hasn't been great down the years.

That said,whatever the outcome of the next two matches,the team has done us proud again and whoever lifts the trophy on Sunday will have earned it.

Quietly confident-ish. I'd say 95% in favour of us. The worries about "typical City" (yes; even with this team) are not easy to shake off.
Good luck in the match thread tonight

I’m not one of the Typical City worriers. I believe in this team and manager. But I cannot shake the feeling that we are due to blow one. We’ve dodged a few bullets in our run ins before: Ianacchio’s missed sitter for Leicester, some nervy 1-0s, the odd refereeing decision and of course some life saving goals. I’ve just got this sense that one of those bullets will catch us one year and this could be it. In a one off game you don’t always get what you deserve.
Yeah but over a 38 game season you generally do

I’ve been chatting to a friend who is literally a statistical expert and works for a bookmaker.

The conversation was about our record at Spurs went something like this.

It’s all voodoo nonsense. It has no relevance to anything.
I said yes but it’s a fact. They said it’s just a fact. It’s only a fact until it isn’t. It has absolutely no predictive capability.

Just because it happened before doesn’t mean it has any special reason to continue.

(They’re right of course. But I’m still shitting myself about this game)
If u want evidence, look at the rags record in the 90s and 2000s and look at it now and when you have finished laughing you'll see that they have a point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.