FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

All well and good but, if Erling shoots 2 ft lower and Alvarez scores, as he usually does, we win the game and Pep is a genius. Football is nothing without a bit of jeopardy and, today, we came off second best.
Would I rather be in their position compared to ours? Not in a million fucking years….

Yes I completely agree with all that, not sure who is arguing it, but if Erling had shot 2ft lower the decision to play 2 centre halves, with little recent game time, in a cup final would still be incorrect based on the defensive display in the first half.

Anyway the main thrust of my point is we don't want to get to a point where we cannot discuss a managers decision/tactics regardless of how successful he is. After watching the match the next greatest pleasure is discussing the game in its minutest detail.

Ffs, are you so entitled to think we win every game? Give it a rest, I've been to loads of away games with no expectation of winning and still had great days, it's the losing that makes the winning feel even better, 4 IN A ROW, let that sink in.
Calm down. It was a rubbish day. No hiding it. I know about the bad times, I've been going since the mid 60s

Spuds away I was extremely nervous and up for it, Wham at home slightly nervous and kind of up for it, today relaxed and expectantly confident, 1st place teams don't lose mid-table low blockers, maybe the players felt the same

Did the players go on the piss last season after winning the league ?

I don’t think they did until after FA cup.

Not that I fully blame this as for me todays loss was down to pep sadly

The support Doku got in the early part of the second half was atrocious. He had no one to pass to so often and was on his own. It was so unlike us.

It really was ridiculous & it felt like Doku had to do it all himself since there were no overlapping or channel runs. Had to give it to Jeremy he really was the only one who seemed a threat.

The rest all seemed like they were still on the piss from Monday morning’s drinking. Difficult to turn it on & off at this professional elite level.

The only silver lining is this FA Cup win for Ten Haag may convince the Trafford lot to hold onto him.

Win or lose, it doesn't make the journey home from Wembley any quicker or slower.

Today pretty well summed up our season in many ways. Pedestrian build up, no movement, even being brainless at times. It was like watching a Subbuteo game. One player moving with the ball while the rest stopped still. Where is the incisive movement, the runs into the half channels? When Doku was on the balk, another player came over to double up with his marker. That left a gap in what used to be called the inside left channel for a City player to go into but no one moved for him and he had to do it all himself. Where was the movement and passing that led to Sané scoring that incredible goal at Arsenal? Where's the dynamism gone? I struggle to see how we won the title sometimes.

KDB has been a shadow of the player he was. Bernardo has been very pedestrian moat of the season Foden has carried us but had a very poor game today. And unless we were trying to help Poundland Pep keep his job, why start a very rusty Ake & Stones in a final? Haaland's technique, or lack of it, pisses me off, as well as his propensity to stroll around and exhibit no urgency to close down. You do wonder if too many players have become too complacent. Pep needs to look everyone in the eye this summer and decide if they've got the fight in them.
Our fan base needs to get a reality check as well… some of the moaning, bickering and a couple of fisty cuffs when it wasn’t going our way -
We’ve been out right spoilt this past 8 seasons this level of success is not sustainable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.