PETITION RE NEWBIE WUMs

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
allan harper said:
Fair play mate, a do agree with what your saying something dose need to be done about it. I was just making a light hearted comment which was proably not called for.

No problem mate. Something needs to be done to deter the knobjockey fuckwits coming on here with the sole intention of damaging the credibility of the board and upsetting the majority on here who are great geninune posters.

100% agree Dad...;0)

Damocles said:
Nobody is having a pop at the mods Cleavers, we are trying to help the site improve.
As far as the systems that I have seen mentioned, all seem quite possible in the code, and I haven't really seen any major 'out there' ones.

While it's easy to suggest not bumping a WUM post, users will because many don't think about what they are doing. It should be clear to most people that the mods we have are doing a good job, yet there are too many WUMs at the moment to deal with. We need an increase in mods before setting any user restrictions.

I'm not having a pop back either, I was just trying to use many years experience on these forums (not just this one) to make suggestions.

Its easy to say modify this and modify that, but that creates work that Ric probably doesn't have time for. This site, and many forget it, is only here because Ric created it out of his own interest, I don't think he had any idea it would get so big, and its up to him to modify it as he see's fit, and he does.

I still stick by the advice I gave, that its best to either ignore, (or report) the shite, and either let it slide, or let those of us that can deal with it.

More moderators might seem more desirable, but in my experience, too many moderators causes more problems than it solves.

It could be done with the member having to meet different criteria,
a kind of sliding scale, relating to amount of posts, time since joining etc
with restrictions lessoning as the criteria are met.

Ive said for sometime that new members shouldn't be able to either post in certain areas or be able to start new topics till at least 100 posts, sign me up!

Excellent idea URG and as its not uncommon on other boards, I assume its fairly straightforward to implement.

The transfer forum is not worth reading ATM.

I'm more of a browser than a poster hence my low post count, although I joined in 2006 I think.

However, if I need to, can I increase my count by posting one word posts like:

LOL
RAG
WUM
THIS^
:-p

and various other one word posts, smilies, acronyms etc

If a minumum post count was introduced (100 say) what would be the calibre of posts be like and the contribution that those posts would be to the topic if people are trying to reach a milestone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.