Ibra

Blue in France said:
Skybets quoting odds of 1/5 that Ibra will join us.

Those are always misleading though, since it's 1/5 **IF** he leaves. With Ibra it's always been, is he actually going to leave Barca?

minnesota blue said:
Blue in France said:
Skybets quoting odds of 1/5 that Ibra will join us.

Those are always misleading though, since it's 1/5 **IF** he leaves. With Ibra it's always been, is he actually going to leave Barca?

I've always understood these odds to take into account the "if" element i.e. that the odds are Ibra leaving AND joining Man City are 1/5. The odds are not just a reflection of the likely club he would join.

Using an example to demonstrate the point: early in the summer, Fabregas looked likely to leave to join Barca so the odds were really short. Once it became apparent that Wenger would not let him go, the odds lengthened - but IF he was going to leave it would always be to Barca.

Barca are desperate to get him off their books. His wages are a millstone round there necks.

Someone pays him a fat wage, he will go.

He is saying he wants to stay so he can pick up the loyality bonus Eto'o and Ireland want.

Only that reason, hence, the "in the future i would like to play in the PL".

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bbrother said:
yes just seen that 1/5 on either it is a mistake or they know something we dont!

Where's Molinuex Blue when you need him, eh ;)

They were not the odds two months ago...

He's working from home and is baffled by the price! We haven't seen a bet on this market for ages.

Blue in France said:
minnesota blue said:

I've always understood these odds to take into account the "if" element i.e. that the odds are Ibra leaving AND joining Man City are 1/5. The odds are not just a reflection of the likely club he would join.

Using an example to demonstrate the point: early in the summer, Fabregas looked likely to leave to join Barca so the odds were really short. Once it became apparent that Wenger would not let him go, the odds lengthened - but IF he was going to leave it would always be to Barca.

I'd be much more inclined to believe your theory if they allowed you to bet on players staying with their original teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.