Savic and his all round game

Savic needs to play alongside Vinny in a few games (Europa?). Vinny would be in his ear throughout the 90 minutes encouraging, pointing out errors calmy and generally building his confidence. Lescott just isn't that kind of player.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
RyantheBlue said:
Calcio said:
those who sees alot of potential, can you tell us some of the attributes you have seen that makes you think he can be good?

He's a 21 year old who always wants the ball, before last night his passing was mostly spot on, positive passing forward, rarely lost out on a header and has a pretty tidy touch most of the time.

'Rarely lost out on a header??!!' At QPR the stats showed he won just 1 in 5 of his aerial duels, and he has been outjumped routinely in his other starts as well. As to his passing, are we watching the same player?! Black haired bloke, looks like Richard Ashcroft? Anyone can pass the ball to a team mate under no pressure. When he has been under pressure though, he's given the ball away virtually every time he's touched it. I want the lad to do well, but he's more out of his depth than Ronnie Corbett swimming across the Mariana trench

If i remember correctly it was him who lost the header to boothroyd for the first goal and fucked up by playing someone onside for the second.

I fear we may have blighted his whole future career by playing him out of his depth. Lots of posters, including myself, advising against playing him when he didnt have enough experience and struggled earlier games.

He seems a nice lad and I hope he can rebuild his confidence out on loan.

I don't understand how City sold Nedum for 3M and bought Savic for 7M !!!
Hopefully he will improve and justify his fees one day.

Some really piss poor defending over the last 3 games, think right now he must be one of the bad signings by the boss i really do hope he can prove us all wrong sooner rather than later.

dallasblue said:
Some really piss poor defending over the last 3 games, think right now he must be one of the bad signings by the boss i really do hope he can prove us all wrong sooner rather than later.

confidence or lack of it.

no better or no worse than phil duncan jones was against us.

lancs blue said:
Savic needs to play alongside Vinny in a few games (Europa?). Vinny would be in his ear throughout the 90 minutes encouraging, pointing out errors calmy and generally building his confidence. Lescott just isn't that kind of player.

This blaming Lescott for Savic's shortcomings malarkey is complete bull. Lescott didn't make Savic pass the ball straight to a Liverpool player on about half a dozen occasions, nor get turned inside out by Bellamy, nor give away a penalty in the first leg, nor.....etc etc

lancs blue said:

This blaming Lescott for Savic's shortcomings malarkey is complete bull. Lescott didn't make Savic pass the ball straight to a Liverpool player on about half a dozen occasions, nor get turned inside out by Bellamy, nor give away a penalty in the first leg, nor.....etc etc

No one is blaming Lescott for Savic's 'shortcomings'. He is just trying to say Vincent is more of a leader than Lescott and would help Savic throughout the game.

Savic was the target last night, thats why they put Bellamy up front like that again. They got someone quick who can cause a lot of problems knowing Savic is young, new to the league and might be like a deer in the headlights.

Theres nothing wrong with his technical skills and his positioning, he freaks out too much, and thats due to lack of experience.

Numpties on here calling for his head, wise up. Bellamy has built his entire reputation (footballing side) on doing that to defenders, we seen him turn people week in week out and bombing forward.

ForzaMancini said:
lancs blue said:

No one is blaming Lescott for Savic's 'shortcomings'. He is just trying to say Vincent is more of a leader than Lescott and would help Savic throughout the game.

Exactly what I meant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.