Savic and his all round game

the blue panther said:
Lancet Fluke said:
[
Correct. Clearly the issue with Ned is personal but Boyata showed much more promise than Savic (imo). Personally, I would have liked Boyata to have been loaned out to a championship club last season and brought back with a bit more experience for this season. And for Savic to have been loaned out this season (if it would have been allowed) so he could have been tried next season. I fear that Savic will never make it with us now because of the harrowing experience of recent weeks.

Spot on, sadly.

Agree also with this and also with sadness.

And BP you were correct to say that Savic shouldnt start against Liverpool. I was arguing his corner last week with you and stating that he should start.

I was wrong. Last night it was apparent very early on that recent events had taken its toll on the kid and he needs moving out on loan for a good 12 months to resume his development.

I still believe he has the makings of a fine defender but he isnt anywhere near ready yet.

Judging by the feelings towards Savic at the moment, i might get slated for this, but i see a lot of promise in him. His confidence is obviously shot to pieces and he needs to get out of the firing line for the rest of the season. He's not cut out for the blood and thunder of the enlish game at the moment. What he needs to do, is become a beast like the rest of our defenders and get on the weights. He's got the skill and speed, he just needs the beef and aggression needed to cut it over here. Given time, the lad could be an asset. A six month loan to a lesser PL club wouldn't go amiss either.

As for Kolorov. He's just shit.

Stevinho I was saying the same thing last week mate. I see genuine potential in the lad and honestly think he could become a fantastic player in the near-future.
But aside from bulking up a bit he also needs to become attuned to the frantic pace of the PL and sharpen up his decision making.
Until this happens he will make costly errors by dallying on the ball or choosing the wrong option and ideally these mistakes shouldn't be done at a club challenging for titles.
A season-long loan deal is the ideal solution for all concerned.

Lucky Toma said:
Stevinho I was saying the same thing last week mate. I see genuine potential in the lad and honestly think he could become a fantastic player in the near-future.
But aside from bulking up a bit he also needs to become attuned to the frantic pace of the PL and sharpen up his decision making.
Until this happens he will make costly errors by dallying on the ball or choosing the wrong option and ideally these mistakes shouldn't be done at a club challenging for titles.
A season-long loan deal is the ideal solution for all concerned.

Spot on.

Sadly it is evident that he is out of his depth.Championship loan to toughen/bulk him up is surely the way to go.

Well... OS - Neddy's gone to QPR. so even more limited, not that bobby played him anyway.

those who sees alot of potential, can you tell us some of the attributes you have seen that makes you think he can be good?

Calcio said:
those who sees alot of potential, can you tell us some of the attributes you have seen that makes you think he can be good?

He's a 21 year old who always wants the ball, before last night his passing was mostly spot on, positive passing forward, rarely lost out on a header and has a pretty tidy touch most of the time.

At the moment, I don't think Savic has got 'an all round game'. He's got a game, and at the mo, it isn't good enough. Last night he was clearly identified and targeted as our weak link.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.