Thrown out of the stadium today

Hope you get it sorted out. In Peter Fletcher's defence, I know that his staff have to deal with some crap and they shouldn't have to suffer abuse but there have been too many times when there has been a presumption of guilt plus there was the appalling PR disaster at the end of last season with the lad who took the ball.

Anyone who went to the FSF "Watching Football Is Not A Crime" meeting earlier this year will know that the police feel that watching football IS a crime. Banning orders for associating with "known" hooligans (even if they haven't done anything for years) and the like make that abundantly clear. As an ex-copper, Fletcher seems to have the same mentality.

This should have been investigated properly and you should have been written to, explaining the circumstances and asking for your version of events. To eject someone on the basis of some very flimsy identification evidence without having made even the most basic enquiries is ludicrous.

For the first time at COMS I had problems getting in with my card on wednesday. The bloke before me who saw the PDA fella gave him a bit of verbals about being on the cup scheme and a bit of a mouthful as he told him to go to the ticket office to sort it. The PDA said he wasn't on the cup scheme...the bloke admitted he didn't get an email or text to confirm his seat number...What's the PDA fella supposed to do?? The bloke with problems was obviously frusrated but the PDA bloke was fair but firm with him in my opinion.

Mine came up and said I had 2 cards or summat. I showed him my email confirmation on my iphone and he walked me to the front of the queue and used his card to let me in. No problem...all done within two minutes.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:18 am --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Hope you get it sorted out. In Peter Fletcher's defence, I know that his staff have to deal with some crap and they shouldn't have to suffer abuse but there have been too many times when there has been a presumption of guilt plus there was the appalling PR disaster at the end of last season with the lad who took the ball.

Anyone who went to the FSF "Watching Football Is Not A Crime" meeting earlier this year will know that the police feel that watching football IS a crime. Banning orders for associating with "known" hooligans (even if they haven't done anything for years) and the like make that abundantly clear. As an ex-copper, Fletcher seems to have the same mentality.

This should have been investigated properly and you should have been written to, explaining the circumstances and asking for your version of events. To eject someone on the basis of some very flimsy identification evidence without having made even the most basic enquiries is ludicrous.

he Police asked for banning orders for two lads who sneaked in dressed as stewards at Blackburn(?) a couple of years ago. Fortunately for them the magistrate told them to sod off and that they weren't hooligans just canny lads who chanced their arm.

The problem is you are a football fan. You have no defence, you have no human rights alls you can do is grovel.

citytill1die84 said:
I got threw out about 4 years ago for smoking. Thing is I've never touched a cig in my life I've never even lite a match or a lighter. They said they Defo saw me cheeky *****. Mine was reviewed and overturned due to CCTV the club apologised and gave me £100 to spend in the store. We beat Newcastle 3-1 I think it was that top class Elano free kick game.

this baby ;)

one of my all time fav city goals....sheer class

elano05.gif

elano01.gif

elano03.gif

I had a problem getting in on Wednesday. I got to the ground 10 minutes late and my card beeped in the reader but the turnstile didn't move. The two Showsec Stewards on the gates were too busy chatting to notice and I asked for their help. One made me use the first reader again and then the other with no joy before saying I had to find another Steward. I commented that had he been paying attention then he'd have seen what had happened and he just repeated I had to see another Steward. No empathy, no help etc. I found a guy with one of those handheld things and he checked my card to say it'd been used to enter already (i.e. by me) and looked confused as to how to resolve the problem. I told him that the two Stewards on the other side of the gate were too busy chatting to notice and he said they were Agency Stewards. He let out a sigh and said he'd take me in the ground on this occasion which he seemed almost reluctant to do. The two Stewards were still chatting and not even looking to see whether I'd received help so I heartily thanked the Club Steward and managed to resist calling the two Scally cunts as I went in to the ground. They'd probably have reported me for being aggressive and Fletcher would've supported their move.

Even yesterday the orange coated Woman said hello as I walked in and as did the Guy who stands on our Block. Such a difference in attitude and class.

The stewards at my block (123, Colin Bell Stand) are excellent. They always smile, and usually say "cheers" when leaving the ground. It's not much, it's just small things and reflect a positive attitude.

There is nothing worse than unhelpful staff - it can bug you for months.

good look dealing with mr fletcher on this one i couldnt attend the southampton game at the start of the season due to being involved at a charity event when i couldnt attend paid for an upgrade from an 18-21 to a full adult ticket as i wasnt sure who would be going gave it to a friend of a friend who doesnt know me personally so when the card didnt work due to turnstile problems on the opening day the bloke couldnt confirm my details the card was taken off him on suspicion of ticket touting and im currently banned and locked in an argument with mr fletcher who seems to have no respect for the fans of the club regardless of my explanation and proof of the fact i was attending a charity event still has fallen on deaf ears the way both the club and mr fletcher in question have treated me for a fan who follows home and away is nothing short of disgusting

peoffrey said:
He let out a sigh and said he'd take me in the ground on this occasion which he seemed almost reluctant to do...

It's this kind of thing that's really annoying. Like he's was really put out and doing you a massive favour. You've paid fair and square to watch the match, you've every right to be let in. In fact he is beholden to get you into the ground to ensure they keep their end of the transaction. And as for the attitude: It's his job, and instead of making fans feel comfortable with the right attitude he acts like you are an errant child.

the worst part is that fans can't do anything about it. We are totally at the mercy of their whim. If they simply can't be arsed, or don't like the look of your face they'll treat you like crap. Until there is accountability it won't change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.