Armani acquitted of all charges (update p21)

Re: Armani - Sierra Leone

Dreadful.

Not met Armani but nobody should end up being treated like this.

I notice from looking at 'the ladies' FB page that there is a picture of Beckham with her team. Now I move in circles well below that of him but he seems to have a worldwide adoration, maybe someone could make him aware of this?

Mike Keegan from the MEN has been in touch today (Wednesday 19 June) and is doing an article covering this injustice. He is also trying to contact the Club for a quote.

We've also received the e-mail below from Armani which speaks volumes.....

Fellow blues,

I will like to thanks all my friends and Manchester City fans world wild that have stand behind me in this trying and most difficult time in my life, as I was put in the central prison here for more than 60 hours after I was denial bail on my first hearing as I am now on bail I will return to court back on July 4.

I was moved and touch and have the courage for all what I go through as blues all around the world show their support for me and I hope justice prevails.

If try to help my fellow youth who has great talent in football in my country with the help of MCFC and the City supporters club world that have provide the team with a mini bus that pay 55 football team players and most of this players used their salaries to fund and education for them self I will like to see this team make it to the top flight in Sierra Leone football and exist after my death, so I am more determine to carry on.

Once more I will like to thanks you all for your supporters toward me and hope justice prevail and let the truth come out.

Thanks you all.
Armani in Sierra Leone.

howard said:
Mike Keegan from the MEN has been in touch today (Wednesday 19 June) and is doing an article covering this injustice. He is also trying to contact the Club for a quote.

We've also received the e-mail below from Armani which speaks volumes.....

Fellow blues,

I will like to thanks all my friends and Manchester City fans world wild that have stand behind me in this trying and most difficult time in my life, as I was put in the central prison here for more than 60 hours after I was denial bail on my first hearing as I am now on bail I will return to court back on July 4.

I was moved and touch and have the courage for all what I go through as blues all around the world show their support for me and I hope justice prevails.

If try to help my fellow youth who has great talent in football in my country with the help of MCFC and the City supporters club world that have provide the team with a mini bus that pay 55 football team players and most of this players used their salaries to fund and education for them self I will like to see this team make it to the top flight in Sierra Leone football and exist after my death, so I am more determine to carry on.

Once more I will like to thanks you all for your supporters toward me and hope justice prevail and let the truth come out.

Thanks you all.
Armani in Sierra Leone.

This is such a shocking situation for a good man Armani.

I hope Mike Keegan's involvement will help. His links to the wider media should surely help.

What an injustice that's been done to Armani, locking him up when all he has done is help his fellow countrymen, I'll write to my MP and anyone else I can think of who may have some influence. Stay strong Armani

Horrible situation for the lad,maybe a few off here that frequent other footie forums could do links to this thread.Fans are fans with shit like this and the more that know the better.Great e-mail from Armani too.Good luck fella.

Alright guys, I've spoken to nij outside of this thread and from what he's said, the costs involved in this sound quite doable, compared to - for instance - the Mancini advert. He also mentioned that any excess could be funnelled into supporting Armani's club in SL - and anyone who has at any point followed the progress of Armani in the past must surely know how much he has relied upon our generosity to equip the team in the past, and how important donations are to a team far from the UK, like MCFC Sierra Leone. I'm sure that, for an initiative like this, there will always be a need for more equipment and support.

I know that several people in this thread have expressed a willingness to front some money and I'd be willing to throw in a sum myself. I'm wondering, straw poll time, if someone were to start up a fund (PayPal or the like) to allow for donations, would you guys all be willing to chip in? I'd like to think that if we can raise £7,000 to pay for the Mancini advert that we could easily do something similar here - even raising a sum half that size could be important - and since this is for a clear charitable cause, and something that could potentially raise a lot of media interest in Armani's cause also, I reckon that if this gained momentum we could raise a decent amount and really do some good. I don't want this to feel forced, though, hence looking for interest from the rest of this forum here first.

I'd be the first to admit that coordinating this sort of thing is not normally one of my strengths, so I'd just like to see whether people are up for this first - of course, if someone else wanted to take this on I'd be equally happy. If you want to PM me with your interest instead of posting it here I'd be happy to receive it that way, too.

Thanks, all.

Disgusting.

I remember him from when the videos first appeared on the club website, Armani's a good man, just trying to do his bit for his community.

Could we get the club involved in this, highlighting this blatant injustice and corruption?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.