The Food (merged)

Expensive, ok quality, service poor - manager (blonde haired Geordie lol) was going spare on cb l3 that the guys behind the tills did not know how to operate them supervisor suggested more training. Fail.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
SWP's back said:
bluemoon73 said:
You think £5.50 for a pie is reasonable? Fish chips peas and gravy is cheaper on the way to the ground, instead of Jamie Oliver they should have brought in Greggs!
Ermm. Yes I do.
What planet do you live on? Get a grip... five and half quid for a fuckin pie is daylight robbery and you're a mug if you pay it.
He's obviously one of them fucking middle class fans that are swarming all over the place these days.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
SWP's back said:
Ermm. Yes I do.
What planet do you live on? Get a grip... five and half quid for a fuckin pie is daylight robbery and you're a mug if you pay it.
He's obviously one of them fucking middle class fans that are swarming all over the place these days.

Ha Ha

I thought the attitude of the guys that were serving at 212 was a lot better - really friendly welcome and got the impression they were 'happy to help'.

Unfortunately the service they actually provided was gash.

I ordered a peppered steak pie, but when I chomped into it at my seat it was chicken balti (very tasty mind!)
On the 3 separate occasions I ordered a bottle of Heineken I was given it with a lid on and had to wait for him to finish serving the next person to come back and then open it
He couldn't work the til and seemed to struggle with basic maths!

All in all though, will put it down to teething issues and the need for more detailed training and will give the benefit of the doubt and hope for improvement next time.

I´m on a diet (wifes orders), I´m not supposed to drink alcohol (Doctors orders) and my blood pressure suggests that watching footy is not good for me.. But go ahead and complain about the pies and slow pints, I´m ok with that *sob*

We arrived 45 minutes before kick off looking forward to our fish and chip treat. I had the home made fish fingers and chips. The fish fingers were really tough and chewy (interesting for fish). The other half had half done fish. The new skin on chips were horrid too, and to run out of vinegar and ketchup with 40 minutes to go is unforgivable. The staff were surley and miserable too. Shame we were really looking forward to it and were famished, but we won't do it again. Mary D's is looking favourite.

I'm hoping the Magic Muffin on Bradford Road will be open before the next game, even if they make the worst coffee in the universe according to a mate of mine.

toffee balls said:
I go with a mate and my 10 year old son and it suits me better to get in the stadium as soon as it opens.That is what City are trying to do , get you in there early.
Well reading this thread (and its been the same for me since Maine Road) they are failing miserably.

Why would anyone (serious question) want to pay ridiculous prices for poor quality, poor service, and not very much quantity ? I had great (chinese) food, cheap (£4), with good service, just a few hundred yards from the stadium.

City could do that, if they tried.

It doesn't need a partner like jamie oliver (et al) who have probably never set foot near the club, I would then happily give City my money.

Gimmicks are not the way forward.

unicorn said:
Waited a good 25 mins at the Blue Moon cafe outside the ground for what looked nothing like the posh burgers I've been seeing on here - had not realised the premium stuff was only in selected outlets. To be fair the burger and chips were very good, but the bun was a bit dry. Son said he wished we'd been to This and That like normal.

Did you want the bun to be wet?

I was misled by the pictures to believe the pies in all the outlets were Jamie Oliver pies, seems not. So whatever pie I had in 111 (Chicken Balti) well, it was f**king beautiful, lots of sauce, crispy pastry, bit of spice, and some lovely tender chicken pieces. £3.80 - I feel the improvement is worth the extra 30p.

I did learn however the Jamie Oliver pies are £5.50 - and that does seem a bit steep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.