The Food (merged)

I can't remember the last time I bought something in a football ground . Not really down to prices but mainly down to waiting time . I'm not willin to queue up early and miss the end if the first half and I don't like gettin my drink just as the second half is kickin off and having to down my pint and leave half if it . Obviuosly can't comment in the food but I just hope people are puttin into consideration that this isn't some hot dog stall down the high street, its in a football stadium . We all know that the prices in stadiums, concerts and festivals etc are sky high . It's just the way it is .

BlueHalli said:
I can't remember the last time I bought something in a football ground . Not really down to prices but mainly down to waiting time . I'm not willin to queue up early and miss the end if the first half and I don't like gettin my drink just as the second half is kickin off and having to down my pint and leave half if it . Obviuosly can't comment in the food but I just hope people are puttin into consideration that this isn't some hot dog stall down the high street, its in a football stadium . We all know that the prices in stadiums, concerts and festivals etc are sky high . It's just the way it is .

Only a matter of time before the club find out who is buying what.........

I can see the discussion now around a table at the end of the season.

"let's take Mr Bluehalli for example, he spends £600 a year on his ST and has had one for 20 odd years.....problem is he doesn't spend any money when he is there and however much we try to tempt him with tasty Jamie Oliver pies, he just won't bite!!"

"compare him to Mr G hunter who visits us 4 times a year, spending on average £100 a visit......if only we could fill the ground with more G Hunters......that seat would be giving us £1900 a year......that's the challenge team, get onto it!"

Exactly.

Once they find out who the Blues who can't afford to pay £6 on a Pie are.... doesn't matter how much you sing or how long you've watched City for.
You're out the door replaced by the prawn sandwich brigade.

cleavers said:
toffee balls said:
I go with a mate and my 10 year old son and it suits me better to get in the stadium as soon as it opens.That is what City are trying to do , get you in there early.
Well reading this thread (and its been the same for me since Maine Road) they are failing miserably.

Why would anyone (serious question) want to pay ridiculous prices for poor quality, poor service, and not very much quantity ? I had great (chinese) food, cheap (£4), with good service, just a few hundred yards from the stadium.

City could do that, if they tried.

It doesn't need a partner like jamie oliver (et al) who have probably never set foot near the club, I would then happily give City my money.

Gimmicks are not the way forward.

There were plenty of people in there on early on Monday.
I didnt find the catering gimmicky at all.

I think we all need to compare what we now have with other premier league teams.

I bet we will be right up there with price v quality.
Monday was the opening live run of a brand new £8 miilion rethink of our catering offer and my experience was overall very positive.

Call me what you wish but i do not miss the Osbourne and grabbing a greasy eneamic burger at Maine Rd one bit.

Onwards and upwards.

Had a burger at the end of half time. Quality of the burger and bread was good, lettuce fresh, it had gone a bit cold so the cheese had gone hard again but it was alright. Not worth £4.90 but thats football grounds for you. My burger and pint of Heineken cost me £8.90 which is obviously well overpriced. Probably wont have another one this season.

toffee balls said:
cleavers said:
toffee balls said:
I go with a mate and my 10 year old son and it suits me better to get in the stadium as soon as it opens.That is what City are trying to do , get you in there early.
Well reading this thread (and its been the same for me since Maine Road) they are failing miserably.

Why would anyone (serious question) want to pay ridiculous prices for poor quality, poor service, and not very much quantity ? I had great (chinese) food, cheap (£4), with good service, just a few hundred yards from the stadium.

It doesn't need a partner like jamie oliver (et al) who have probably never set foot near the club, I would then happily give City my money.

I think we all need to compare what we now have with other premier league teams.

Monday was the opening live run of a brand new £8 miilion rethink of our catering offer and my experience was overall very positive.

Call me what you wish but i do not miss the Osbourne and grabbing a greasy eneamic burger at Maine Rd one bit.

Onwards and upwards.

I miss the osbourne

bluevengence said:
toffee balls said:
cleavers said:

Onwards and upwards.

I miss the osbourne
Nostalganism is a killer

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Only a matter of time before the club find out who is buying what.........

I can see the discussion now around a table at the end of the season.

"let's take Mr Bluehalli for example, he spends £600 a year on his ST and has had one for 20 odd years.....problem is he doesn't spend any money when he is there and however much we try to tempt him with tasty Jamie Oliver pies, he just won't bite!!"

"compare him to Mr G hunter who visits us 4 times a year, spending on average £100 a visit......if only we could fill the ground with more G Hunters......that seat would be giving us £1900 a year......that's the challenge team, get onto it!"
I'm sure this conversation has been had already. United have been running their finances like this for years, it certainly won't have gone un-noticed in Manchester.

At the moment they don't really know what (if anything) anyone buys, as its not linked to your customer number, but I'm sure there will come a day when it is. My guess is that they will introduce some kind of "City" money, to replace cash, which you will have to load your card with, and then any purchases will be made using your card, and so they can track exactly what you (do or don't) purchase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.