The Food (merged)

Why Always Ste said:
Exactly.

Once they find out who the Blues who can't afford to pay £6 on a Pie are.... doesn't matter how much you sing or how long you've watched City for.
You're out the door replaced by the prawn sandwich brigade.
Why do people persist with the notion that prawn sandwiches are the apotheosis of haute cuisine, especially given who it was that devised the phrase in the first place?

Swan foie gras blinis might do the trick. I might drop the club a line.

I didn't realise that there were two different levels of food on offer until I read this thread, I just went for a Jamie burger - very tasty it was, as it should be for six quid.

Has the lower priced stuff been given a makeover too?

Georgian Maestro said:
What did everyone think of the new menu? I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was top notch. Happy to pay a bit extra for quality

I wish the phrase "pulled pork" had been in my vocabulary in the 70s.

It kind of summed up my Saturday night experiences in Pips or Rotters.

Bluemoon230989 said:
Georgian Maestro said:
What did everyone think of the new menu? I had the pulled pork sandwich and it was top notch. Happy to pay a bit extra for quality

I wish the phrase "pulled pork" had been in my vocabulary in the 70s.

It kind of summed up my Saturday night experiences in Pips or Rotters.

I think in Pips or Rotters is was more like 'Pulped Pork'! ;-)

For those of you who saw TGR's review, it is now published on the football revolution website and can be seen at

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballrev.weebly.com/jamie-oliver-at-the-etihad.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballrev.weebly.com/jamie-oli ... tihad.html</a>

If anyone else is interested in having something published, drop me a pm

While we're on about the catering they've put the price of a pint of bitter up 30p from last yr, it's now dearer than lager, what's that all about !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.