A call for Patience and realism

crystal_mais said:
Fuck me - People need to get over it - He has gone and we have a better manager in place. If you can't deal with it - There is a team in Turkey after new fans.

We got dicked by a far superior team, mistakes were made as did Mancini - So we never lost in a European game at home, well we never fucking looked like beating Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax or Napoli at home too.

Perspective people - we will get through this group and then bring em on

Really...We will not win in Moscow for starters

crystal_mais said:
Fuck me - People need to get over it - He has gone and we have a better manager in place.
well if this geezer is better then god help us,he got lucky in the derby,the team were up for it,apart from that he hasnt got a clue about the prem,he looks like he has landed on the fooking moon,and doesnt know what to do...if we aint careful we will fall away in the league ,and this cl lark, well we are fucked even if we get out of this group,light years away from bayern,.....engineer?? more like a fooking big dud!!!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
crystal_mais said:
Fuck me - People need to get over it - He has gone and we have a better manager in place. If you can't deal with it - There is a team in Turkey after new fans.

We got dicked by a far superior team, mistakes were made as did Mancini - So we never lost in a European game at home, well we never fucking looked like beating Madrid, Dortmund, Ajax or Napoli at home too.

We won't need to.

It's basically between us and Moscow for second. A draw at theirs and a win at home will see us through. Assuming we beat Pilzen at home and Moscow get nothing from Munich obviously.

Gelsons Dad said:
We've gone backwards in the last 2 years. It's not patience we need it's a different strategy.

Its very difficult to argue with this imo.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
crystal_mais said:

So positive - Thank you - Time for you to bring your placards out and start singing the Mancini song

We will get through this group and I have had a bet with someone this morning. Happy to donate £50 to a charity of your choice if you think we will not get through. That will prove how positive you are as a fan of City for the Champs league campaig

Gelsons Dad said:
We've gone backwards in the last 2 years. It's not patience we need it's a different strategy.

Teams have strengthened. We have a stronger squad now than two years ago. The thing missing now is Tevez's industry. No one seems to be able to replicate that where he had such an influence. We also seem to cop for a concession with each mistake, and two years ago Joe Hart would have saved the first and last goal. (Trautmann would have caught both - one-handed, with his left!)

crystal_mais said:

Are villa and Cardiff far superior teams ? I need those performances explaining

It's only 5 years since we started our journey from mid-table team going nowhere towards being a European super-power. The first steps were the easiest; mid-table to top six, then into the top four domestically. We've now finished there the last three seasons and are playing in our third consecutive CL campaign.

But the next steps are going to be much, much harder. Winning the PL regularly and making progress in the CL to the point where teams like Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona know they're in for a game.

There are no short-cuts or guarantees but in time I'm sure our day will come.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's only 5 years since we started our journey from mid-table team going nowhere towards being a European super-power. The first steps were the easiest; mid-table to top six, then into the top four domestically. We've now finished there the last three seasons and are playing in our third consecutive CL campaign.

But the next steps are going to be much, much harder. Winning the PL regularly and making progress in the CL to the point where teams like Bayern, Madrid and Barcelona know they're in for a game.

There are no short-cuts or guarantees but in time I'm sure our day will come.

Totally agree, the instant reaction is to be totally frustrated and point the accusing finger but what is needed is to take a step back identify the weaknesses and strengths and move forward!!! It may take a few more CL beatings but one day it will all come together

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.