A call for Patience and realism

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
crystal_mais said:
How long are people gonna keep trawling this line out. What a lame excuse.
He has had 100million spent,he has had a few months to sort it out.
A learning curve you say..Seems he isnt learning fast enough-same mistakes at Villa as at Cardiff..Same shite 4-4-2 tactics last night when at times they had 6/7 in the midfield.
Lets keep the same line coming out hey..Eventually I think you may realise he is in over his head-Again my opinion only.
Let's see on Saturday if he LEARNS to start with his best 11.
Let's see if he has learnt that Dzeko has no fire in his belly and cannot lead the line. Negredo and Aguero for me.
Let's see if he decides to give Jovetic a chance in the starting 11.
Let's see if he decides to drop Joe Hart who is costing us points and distribution is simply to kick it long and hope Dzeko wins a header (once in a bluemoon)
Let's see hey.........

I offered a bet earlier £50 to a charity of your choice or vice versa - We will get through the group stages and finish top 3 - fancy it

No.I dont need to bet with you so you can potentially say "told you so" or vice versa.
So we get out of the group-we will get 2 more games..means fuck all
Premiership for me all day long mate

It's a step in the right direction though - Lets hope you are wrong in your assessment of the manager - The team have had a damn good wake up call over the last 7 days - time to kick on starting on Saturday

crystal_mais said:
crystal_mais said:
x

No they are not but we are on a learning curve with a new manager - This season I will be happy with progression into the knock out stages and a top 3 finish - I have faith that we will kick on. Last night was a set back but I wasn't expecting much from the game.

I just hope the manager learnt a lesson about the team and his tactics. He messed up but some of the criticism he is getting from some is unbelievable. I'm sure some of it is basically down to the fact he replaced Mancini and some cant get over it.

A learning curve you say..Seems he isnt learning fast enough-same mistakes at Villa as at Cardiff..Same shite 4-4-2 tactics last night when at times they had 6/7 in the midfield.
Lets keep the same line coming out hey..Eventually I think you may realise he is in over his head-Again my opinion only.
Let's see if he has learnt that Dzeko has no fire in his belly and cannot lead the line. Negredo and Aguero for me.
Let's see if he decides to drop Joe Hart who is costing us points and distribution is simply to kick it long and hope Dzeko wins a header (once in a bluemoon)
Let's see hey.........

I offered a bet earlier £50 to a charity of your choice or vice versa - We will get through the group stages and finish top 3 - fancy it

We are long odds on fav to qualify out of the groups as we have been from the start
It would be a monumental fuck up if we didnt.

The cookie monster said:
crystal_mais said:
Let's see hey.........

We are long odds on fav to qualify out of the groups as we have been from the start

I hope we do but have lost total confidence in our away form pal. I know even if we did lose we could still do it but again it puts huge pressure on our home CL games

Gelsons Dad said:
We've gone backwards in the last 2 years. It's not patience we need it's a different strategy.
Your right what have we spent since we won the league just to end up with a worse team than we had then is Fernandinho a better defensive mid than De Jong not from what I've seen and its not even cold yet, Tevez whatever his faults is a big miss from games like Cardiff,Villa and last night and half the players we've fetched in can't even catch the team. Still early days I suppose and hopefully the managers is capable of learning from his mistakes and quick because we've got a run of difficult games coming up and if we're not careful we won't have to worry about losing in the champions league next season.

The cookie monster said:
crystal_mais said:

I hope we do but have lost total confidence in our away form pal. I know even if we did lose we could still do it but again it puts huge pressure on our home CL games

We would have to be seriously poor to not get out of this group mate
Its the knockout stage that i fear

Anyway as you said Prem league for me too...

The cookie monster said:
crystal_mais said:

I've had no faith in our away form since we won 3:2 vs QPR the season we won the league - something is not right when away from home, hasn't been for a while - same mistake - needs addressing - need a boss in the middle of the park to run games when away from home

Gelsons Dad said:
We've gone backwards in the last 2 years. It's not patience we need it's a different strategy.

I disagree ... other than an exalted honeymoon period between August/November of 2011 this team has played at pretty much the same level since it was put together.

i'm sure we all agree that last season was our worst, which is why mancini was fired after a title winning season. what i dnt get is why people are going back to the pre title mentality that we are at the very beginning of the new Man city era we fucking won a title and even at our worst we got 2nd place nd a cup final.

I could understand the need for patience in the Champions league as we still need experience in europe as a team, however we seem to be also struggling in the league which is stupid. No team is scared of man city and their defence anymore, and all this new manager and new sytem excuses are bullshit we spent yet another 100 million so that we could improve from last season not to look like a new team who has never played together. with the quality we have we should be loosing to relegation teams no matter wat system we play. This holistic approach has taken us back to the robinho era, we playin like we've havn't won anythin for 44 years.

i can see us spending anothe 60 million in january, instead of coaching the boundless talent we have already. what the fuck happened to coachinga team?

the 4-1 , will buy pellegrini time and will appease a lot of blues , but we need to be a bit more ruthless and put teams to the sword when we are dominating matches , and our players need to stop making the schoolboy errors which are costing us dearly. Pellegrini is the right man for this job , but maybe few of our players are not.

gmckennasell said:
the 4-1 , will buy pellegrini time and will appease a lot of blues , but we need to be a bit more ruthless and put teams to the sword when we are dominating matches , and our players need to stop making the schoolboy errors which are costing us dearly. Pellegrini is the right man for this job , but maybe few of our players are not.

Now thats an interesting concept you state:
The previous manager was sacked (I won't use his name as upsets a few people on here) by the Spanish duo for the opposite reasons.
They believe we have the right players but not the correct manager to mange them.

So you are saying it IS the fault of the players and not the guy who manages them?
(and for the record I do think this)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.