Moscow roll call

awaydayblue said:
Got back yesterday early afternoon, our travel arrangements went really well, £236 (+visa) and no hotel bill is a welcome relief at the moment! The lads with me got to see the sights, although 30 seconds in a day and half threatened to ruin the whole thing......We were ambushed by a much larger group of thugs from behind in a public subway during rush hour, we had a guy with us who speaks Russian, they roughed us up few cuts and bruises, and made of with my flag. I know there were other incidents elsewhere. Gutted it happened, but also appreciate we were very lucky, if they had got the carrying case I had with me, all our travel docs passports etc were in there. Also grateful they weren't armed.... This happened in the tourist part of the City, near the KGB building close to Red Square, during the rush hour. Just goes to show that you can never me too careful, and whilst the trip had a lot of good memories for us, we are mindful of the fact how things could have been so much worse....... Stay safe Blues.....ctwd
Sorry to hear about your trouble mate, was it football related (although as they took your flag, I guess it was) or just people on the make?

Good to chat to you on the plane

squirtyflower said:
awaydayblue said:
Got back yesterday early afternoon, our travel arrangements went really well, £236 (+visa) and no hotel bill is a welcome relief at the moment! The lads with me got to see the sights, although 30 seconds in a day and half threatened to ruin the whole thing......We were ambushed by a much larger group of thugs from behind in a public subway during rush hour, we had a guy with us who speaks Russian, they roughed us up few cuts and bruises, and made of with my flag. I know there were other incidents elsewhere. Gutted it happened, but also appreciate we were very lucky, if they had got the carrying case I had with me, all our travel docs passports etc were in there. Also grateful they weren't armed.... This happened in the tourist part of the City, near the KGB building close to Red Square, during the rush hour. Just goes to show that you can never me too careful, and whilst the trip had a lot of good memories for us, we are mindful of the fact how things could have been so much worse....... Stay safe Blues.....ctwd
Sorry to hear about your trouble mate, was it football related or just people on the make?

Cheers feller, and likewise good to speak to you too. They were their Ultras (men in black they call themselves ironically) We suspect they were roaming the area looking to pick off Blues, although we had no colours on, we did have quick photos with flag in one or two places, more than likely it had been spotted and they were on their phones to track us down..... Our Russian mate assures us that irrespective, we would stand out to them as being visitors, as Russian's don't tend to go round in groups, unless they are up to no good. Hope you and yours had a great time, and it looks like the vast majority of Blues had a great time. I thought twice about posting my comments, but think it is important just to keep everyone on their toes for future trips, it can all go very wrong so very quickly, but for the grace of him upstairs...........See you soon

awaydayblue said:
squirtyflower said:
awaydayblue said:
Sorry to hear about your trouble mate, was it football related or just people on the make?

Cheers feller, and likewise good to speak to you too. They were their Ultras (men in black they call themselves ironically) We suspect they were roaming the area looking to pick off Blues, although we had no colours on, we did have quick photos with flag in one or two places, more than likely it had been spotted and they were on their phones to track us down..... Our Russian mate assures us that irrespective, we would stand out to them as being visitors, as Russian's don't tend to go round in groups, unless they are up to no good. Hope you and yours had a great time, and it looks like the vast majority of Blues had a great time. I thought twice about posting my comments, but think it is important just to keep everyone on their toes for future trips, it can all go very wrong so very quickly, but for the grace of him upstairs...........See you soon
We had a good time
Got to the game without hitch thanks to Kolobok and bluespana, even had time for a beer at the shopping mall near the ground
met up with a few blues after the match and then had a tour of the sites the following day with the help of some Vodka

Simon Le Tom said:
Tonster said:
Finally home, as per usual it look longer from Gatwick than it did to fly from Moscow. M25 is just a fucking huge car park.

Great trip, strange city, good win and next stop Munich.

Same ere mate, got home about 11:30pm! Went with a one stop strategy and hoped for the best. Sod driving from Gatwick again, next time i'll get the train i think. From leaving my hostel to getting in my bed, 15hrs! Madness.

Nice to meet some new lads over there, Danzone/Tom etc.. and cheers for sorting us out with a minibus back to Moscow! Good trip all round!

No worries Mate. Anybody else absolutely wrecked? In a terrible place, sweating vodka all day. Ridiculous. Great trip

awaydayblue said:
were you the guy on the Thomas cook bus? or was this another incident?

de niro said:
awaydayblue said:
were you the guy on the Thomas cook bus? or was this another incident?

Bill, no we made our own to stadium feller (pretty sure I bumped into you inside) cheers Sean

Just in Alex's flat in the suburbs if Moscow after having watched CSKA Moscow hockey team get beat

was that your flag upside down in the home end ?
myself, billy no mates, met up with lads i knew, taxi to and from ground and after match went to a bar they found where beer was £1.70 a pint, which was a damm sight cheaper than the tenner for a beer in a restaurant 1st night or £7 for a kilkenny in sally o' neills near bolantan ( ? ) square, but all in all fantastic trip and great result, next stop munich

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.