Have you ever met any really famous Rock/Pop stars?

Saw the band 5 times in oz in February this year and "stalked" the band s hotel in Melbourne only shook his hands and he said how u doing good enough for me-he was greeting some of the fans after the normal 3 and a half hr show

I've met the bass player from James a few times as he's one of my brothers friends. They've known each other for decades.

Decades ago as well, I used to play keyboards in bands and we shared a gig with New Order. They kept on their side of the room, and we kept on ours, so I never spoke to them.

Had a chat with Kate Bush in the late '70's in the pub next to the Apollo when she hit Manchester, and she was very engaging.

Other than that, I wouldn't call The Enid really famous, but we had a night on the piss with them for no other reason than they seemed pleased we knew who they were when we walked in the pub.

Further to the OP, I worked at BBC in London a few years back and I was drinking in the bbc bar with an mad aussie girl I worked with. Chatting to these blokes that were working on jools Holland and all getting proper wasted when my mate started to plat the hair of one of the guys (he had very long hair), anyway long story short we hadn't recognised it was Robert Plant. He was brilliant, proper laugh and genuine guy to boot! She made a right mess of his hair mind!

BlueBearBoots said:
01MANC said:
In 2002 I saw Robbie Williams in Calgary on the high street. Interrupted his phone conversation to ask for his autograph. He was very friendly. Got chatting about football. He'd just played against city for port vale in a friendly, and was explaining how he got a penalty, missed, then got to take it again to appease the crowd (more Robbie fans than port vale fans in the crowd). We honestly talked for about 5 mins. He was there filming with Darryl Hannah. Anyway, found out the next day he signed an 80m recording contract that same day. Very down to earth. He signed my man city fixture card...and for some strange reason put 'love Robbie' which was a bit gay!?!

This wins for me :) so jel

Do I get a prize? Forgot to mention, when he was explaining his penalty miss he re-enacted how he went to kick the ball, grabbed his leg, dummied the keeper and then missed. So there we were, stood with him holding his shooting leg whilst stood on his other leg. Passers by probably thought we were a group out on day release. Nobody else there knew who he was.

Picked up Alice Cooper in the taxi from Mar Hall Hotel Erskine,took him and his 2 "hangers on" to the local Indian restaurant about 2 miles away.
He even phoned back and asked for me to come and get him.
I told him that he should have released "Schools Out" the following year as I couldn't leave school until 73.
He actually said sorry for that.
Nice guy.
Picked up Nicky Byrne from same place,Westlife bloke,I'm not a fan.
He was a gentleman,when he found out I was a Celtic man that was us best buddies.
Pity he wasn't into City though.

Took this before QPR May 2012

In case anyone on here is in the photo [I'm not]

Photo0140.jpg

Seen Bez having a row with his Girlfriend on Alexandra Park yet again today but this is nothing new in Whalley Range.

My aunt babysat marylin Manson regularly as a kid (Ohio) he sang at her wedding anniversary but didn't hang around. Seemed a top bloke. Paid for a free bar for the night and gave me a neat leather jacket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.