5:2 diet

adrianr said:
mac said:
Can someone advise me.in the summer months I generally eat a lot of salads and while at work I drink plenty of water.i also drnk sugary drinks.at night a few bottles of beer and tapas.in the winter I go for homemade soups.when I lived in the uk I loved takeaways, but out in Spain I sub them with home made curries. So if I cut out the sugary drinks and beer and tapas in the week could I still have a few carbs with the salads.my job is demanding especially in the summer months.I am approx 6.2 and 95 kg.thanks for any advice.

Without knowing how much of any of that you consume it's pretty hard to say. If you cut the beer, sugary drinks and tapas you might still be eating 3000 calories of carb salads and curries. I doubt it but it's important to think about how much you eat, not just what you eat.

It's well worth the few minutes it takes to roughly work out your maintenance calories and how much you likely consume in a day. With a demanding job it will just mean you have a higher maintenance, so you won't need to starve yourself and impact your work to lose weight. It's something many people do and always fail diets as a result. They need 2000 cal to stand still, suddenly cut to a 1000 cal diet, feel like shit and snack on crap = No weight loss.

<a class="postlink" href="http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/</a>

Let us know what that says and we'll go from there.
Cheers Adrian,obviously I don't eat the curries every da 1/2 a week sometimes not at all, but tapas I will eat if I go for a beer and this will usually be my food for the night,pork tomatoes olives, sausage etc. I will eat bread in the day with salad or as a sand wich.my figures are1916/2634. I am by no means overweight, but I do have a bit of a spread:) thanks

I know this was so last year, but is anybody still doing it?

And could someone give us their results off following it for 12 months.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
I know this was so last year, but is anybody still doing it?

And could someone give us their results off following it for 12 months.

I have moved on the "Swamp Massacre Diet" the 6-1.
15 weeks in including 2 weeks on my jollies.
Feel mint and I am now at a good weight.

If I may be vain for a mo , it is great to get plenty of comments of how well you look.
It really does make it all worth while . I feel and look better at nearly 50 than I did at 40 and that will do for me.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread water , water and more water is a great cleanser and helps getting through the pangs.

Fasting (well almost) is a rewarding and successful way of achieving weight loss .
I now relish the feeling of being hungry on my on days and get through with only very minor temptation issues.

The Horizon documentary pasted earlier in the thread is very informative although it has now been removed by you tube.

Any body else fancy a bash at it.

I started this around May - day 1 weight was 190lbs and last night's was 162lbs. I wasn't especially overweight either for my height (borderline BMI of 25 at that time), it just goes to show the gains you can make with calorie counting and two days calorie sacrifice.

Good luck to anybody else doing it, and those that aren't doing it but need to, there's nothing stopping you from making one of the most positive lifestyle changes you can over just a 6 month period.

GazC said:
I started this around May - day 1 weight was 190lbs and last night's was 162lbs. I wasn't especially overweight either for my height (borderline BMI of 25 at that time), it just goes to show the gains you can make with calorie counting and two days calorie sacrifice.

Good luck to anybody else doing it, and those that aren't doing it but need to, there's nothing stopping you from making one of the most positive lifestyle changes you can over just a 6 month period.

Tis all about calorie counting at the end of the day, 5 2 diet never really appealed to me but is seems to work for many, i had great success with being really good during the working week and then did what i wanted at the weekend, shifted just short of 3 stone in 3 months which was probably overkill, similar principle but without the hard fasting

I like it this way as it has become more of a lifestyle change so i don't even feel like i am dieting anymore, for the last six months or so i have just been keeping an eye on the scales to make sure i don't lose or gain too much

We all deal with things in our own particular ways and it is great to see how others succeed.

If you watched the documentary it was all about the health benefits of fasting. Weight loss was a bonus sideshow to the doctors drive for good health. We all live in an age where we eat too much. It is that simple.

I liken my fasting to I'm a celebrity.
They all go into it full of the joys of spring but a slight fear of the unknown. They quickly become irritable and nazzy at the lack of food.
Then they usually get through it , lose weight , come out and feel great.

You do sometimes feel on a real high after abstaining from eating.

mac said:
Can someone advise me.in the summer months I generally eat a lot of salads and while at work I drink plenty of water.i also drnk sugary drinks.at night a few bottles of beer and tapas.in the winter I go for homemade soups.when I lived in the uk I loved takeaways, but out in Spain I sub them with home made curries. So if I cut out the sugary drinks and beer and tapas in the week could I still have a few carbs with the salads.my job is demanding especially in the summer months.I am approx 6.2 and 95 kg.thanks for any advice.

Where are you in Spain mate? I have a house in La Manga

I'm thinking of doing this because I got on the bus the other day and it took nearly 20 seconds to get a seat.

Blue Maverick said:
I'm thinking of doing this because I got on the bus the other day and it took nearly 20 seconds to get a seat.

Fat people are happier though a bit like slow witted people

In fact nutrition, exercise and university seems to be somewhat of a con

hilts said:
Blue Maverick said:

Fat people are happier though a bit like slow witted people

In fact nutrition, exercise and university seems to be somewhat of a con
Fat people arent happy they are bubbly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.