5:2 diet

Read quite a lot of the posts on this thread and looking at doing this, are any still doing it. The Wife just started and I think it may well suit me

Been doing it since February, and joined a gym - lost a stone and a half.
There are plenty of books and recipes on't net for tasty low calorie food .
Good luck if you try it - it's really not too hard.

Started this way of life in Jan this year. Only just noticed this thread. About a stone lost despite working away and in NA.
Great meal ideas for none fasting days in the hairy bikers books.
Great work everyone, hope you are able to watch City for even more years!

Been doing it since February, and joined a gym - lost a stone and a half.
There are plenty of books and recipes on't net for tasty low calorie food .
Good luck if you try it - it's really not too hard.

I did it for circa 18 months lost quite a lot of weight but started to have various health issues. Unsure if diet had any influence on health issue but decided to stop. Now cycle to work to keep weight down. Might start fasting again but only 1 day per week. I used to do Monday and Thursday - Monday was easy but found Thursday harder. Trick was to keep busy and drink loads of water.

I did it for circa 18 months lost quite a lot of weight but started to have various health issues. Unsure if diet had any influence on health issue but decided to stop. Now cycle to work to keep weight down. Might start fasting again but only 1 day per week. I used to do Monday and Thursday - Monday was easy but found Thursday harder. Trick was to keep busy and drink loads of water.
The Mrs and me have both got down to a healthy fighting ( sometimes) weight and we're thinking of cutting down to one fast day a week , and she had quite serious health problems but looks and feels better than ever now.
The good thing about it is that we can now eat good tasty but also healthy meals on non-fast days because the diet has taught us that healthy food doesn't have to be boring or tasteless- and I can still have curries and drink beer at the weekends just like the old fat days.

Been doing it for a year now and lost about 50kg, eating everything I want for 1-2 days per week and around 600-800 cal during the other days. Health remains the same, if not better, but as an interesting side effect, I've lost the ability to sleep. At least I think these things are related, since there haven't been any other major changes in life. 3-5h is now normal for me. Can't say I feel tired or sleepy during the day, but what I can say is that you do get bored a lot.

5 days a week you eat normally (2,500 for an adult male , 2,000 adult female ) the other 2 days (of your choice)you limit your calorie intake to 600 .
Careful planning for your fast days , but it's quite surprising what you can eat and stay on plan.
Good side effect is you can fill up on veg which are very low on calories and full of vitamins and nutrients.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.