Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoMancini7 said:
Well international break didnt come well as now 80% of players will travel all over, get tired, injured etc, rest that stays about 5-6 players will hardly hit form on their own, and why would they we didnt hit any form since last internation break.
On top of that now Kompany and Silva both miss game so they will need to work on their fitness too and you cant really be top form on 50% fitness.

But what makes it worse is really the next few games are really tricky. Swansea not so much, but Bayern is hell of a game, I think currently even if they come with Bayern reserve they would still beat us. We cant hold a clean sheet against Newcastle reserve or QPR and Bayern reserve stronger than both...
Just remember what Bayern did to us with Martinez, Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger all out in Munchen... They had a shot when they wanted, only Hart kept us in the game or helped us avoid a brutal 4-0 loss.

But CL is over for me, I can accept 4th place in the group now as cant see us winning any of last two games. Tactically we improved fuck all since Macini in Europe and to be fair even Mancini's tactics werent good enough in Europe. We wasted two more years in Europe. A squad like ours should consistently reach around quarters and semis maybe. We dont reach one quarter final in 4 years. If Pelle stays it will be 5 years. (also dropping back to Pot3 is serious threat now and thats bad news as Pot2 will have some huge clubs from next year.)

PL is open yet, but those Soton away and Sunderland away games coming will be hell for us. Soton away is coming after midweek Bayern game. We gonna be really tired and morale possible very low after being out of CL. Just what Soton wants, meat a team out of form, low morale, they gonna press us, while their defensive stats really impressive, we all know it wont go well.
Cant see Pelle coming up with some great gameplan to handle Soton away from home.

And then no relax, as instantly a midweek round for PL, and its Sunderland away. All this after potentially two bad results from Bayern/Soton games.
Sunderland away what is someone mentioned above a traditional loss these days. Even under Mancini we were going there and fucking lost no matter how shit Sunderland were with some Brown-O'Shea-Bardsley-Cuellar defence. Who scores the only goal and winner this time? O'Shea?

There is no form, low desire, motivation, simple passes are fucked up, workrate really missing, and logic says its just gonna continue in next few fixtures.

Many made the mistake comparing Mancini's worst season (12-13) with Pelle's best (13-14), I think we should compare now this with 12-13 and lots of similar things are there to see actually.

But still Pelle has it easier he didnt have to work with the joke that MArwood is, and while Pelle had FFP ban on transfer he still wanted his friend Caballero and he got it, e wanted Sagna early on he got it, he wanted Fernando already in January he got him also while he wanted Mangala or Benatia too and he got him too.
Now imagine if instead of these fresh arrivals there would be some Rodwell/ Sinclair-esque new squad members arriving late August. Thats how hard were Mancini fucked in the ass...

Mancini in 2012 summer wanted RVP, Hazard, De Rossi and a top CB too and we ended up with players last week of August that one by one had to replaced since than, no wonder why...

Whatever, this is history, but this season look mirroring 2012-2013 in performance, out of CL early on, possibly finish behind CSKa which is not better than being behind Ajax, actually worse as that group was stronger with Real/dortmund, as Real reached semis, Dortmund were finalists, but this group with CSKA/Roma not special, Roma wont get far probably out of next round vs anothers groups's 1st placed team.

While in the league no way we catch Chelsea, they gonna have dropping points (us even more!!), might even be losing a few (hard to see against who, Anfield, Old Trafford, Etihad got them 5 points and still unbeaten?)

One big thing we can finally learn. If you win the league you go and strenghten the fucking squad. If you dont win it that it makes even more sense to do this. Sitting back, sign some good players, squad players etc, hahahah, we learn it again it worth fuck all.

Your English is improving Roberto. Well done.

Danamy said:
I seriously fear the visit to Southampton
It was the nail in the coffin for Mancini, where the players downed tools and was the beginning of the end
I fear it could also be the graveyard for MP, the vultures are already circling.

Unless he makes dramatic changes to our defensive midfield, we will have already lost to Bayern by then and Pellers will be just waiting for the guillotine. Wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't given the push and Patrick given a go for the remainder of the season.

If it's not him recruiting the players, how is it all his fault that some of the signings have turned out to be poor so far this season? Mangala & Fernando have looked poor as has Sagna.

Also Clichy has been mostly awful all season, but with Kolarov injured who else can he play at lb? It's the defence & defensive midfield that is letting us down, if we stop shipping in stupid goals we will be winning most of our matches.

If Negredo was sold from under him with no replacement then that is not his fault either. With Dzeko playing shit & Jovetic doing little, he doesn't have a lot of striking options.

We are not as bad as some on here seem to think. A few of the results have been poor but the season has a long way to go yet. If he went who would replace him? I've not seem a decent, sensible option to replace him on here yet. If we put Vieira in now, what if his lack of experience lead to us finishing outside the top 4. If we stick with Pellers I can't see us not finishing in the top 3.

I know football is fickle but some on here are ridiculous.

In the (forecasted) wind and rain, QPR were always going to turn it into a fight, and in the end they bullied a point out of us. Why Zabaleta and Milner weren't in the eleven is a mystery.

For me, he still thinks that as long as he fields better players than the opposition we'll win, regardless of system, tactics, attitude, etc. He needs to realise teams have sussed us out and come up with something new.

I like Pellegrini, consider a lot of the criticism of him to be bollocks, and think he's currently being let down badly by several players. But he needs to find a way of turning it around quickly - tough games coming up, couple more defeats and/or poor performances will see the pressure really ratcheted up.

kenzie115 said:
In the (forecasted) wind and rain, QPR were always going to turn it into a fight, and in the end they bullied a point out of us. Why Zabaleta and Milner weren't in the eleven is a mystery.

For me, he still thinks that as long as he fields better players than the opposition we'll win, regardless of system, tactics, attitude, etc. He needs to realise teams have sussed us out and come up with something new.

Because the manager has completely lost it.
He's a rabbit in the head lights and is simply a puppet of his Spanish boss.
Sad actually as the bloke doesn't deserve what he is taking at the moment.
I really do feel for him. He has been hung out to dry.

sh249 said:
I like Pellegrini, consider a lot of the criticism of him to be bollocks, and think he's currently being let down badly by several players. But he needs to find a way of turning it around quickly - tough games coming up, couple more defeats and/or poor performances will see the pressure really ratcheted up.
A lot of mistakes today, but the players were committed and that was a big difference to Wednesday

It was after this international break last season that we really came into our own and I am really hoping that history can/will repeat itself.

We lost the game going into that break (our 5th in all comps, we have lost 5 so far this season) but coming out of that break, went on an absolute tear, not losing for 2 and a half months until February.

There are some lads in the squad that obviously need a break so lets make sure they get one (fake injuries, whatever the fuck we have to do) and come out of the break guns blazing. If we hadnt seen it happen once, it would be much more difficult to believe it couldnt happen again.

TFC said:
It was after this international break last season that we really came into our own and I am really hoping that history can/will repeat itself.

We lost the game going into that break (our 5th in all comps, we have lost 5 so far this season) but coming out of that break, went on an absolute tear, not losing for 2 and a half months until February.

There are some lads in the squad that obviously need a break so lets make sure they get one (fake injuries, whatever the fuck we have to do) and come out of the break guns blazing. If we hadnt seen it happen once, it would be much more difficult to believe it couldnt happen again.

In all competions that absolute tear was W18 D2 L0.....amazing run.

The loss before the break was Sunderland away and our 4th loss away from home in the 1st 6 and meltdown on here. Now had 19 away matches in the league since then, effectively a full season of away fixtures, and the record is W12 D5 L2. I've posted it elsewhere but that is the best sequence of away league form in the entire history of the club. Clearly Manuel hasn't a fucking clue :)

If we were to put Viera in now, where does that leave the EDS and us long term. Pelly is staying, the players need to start earning their fucking crust. What we are witnessing is an absolute shambles considering what these players are capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.