Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya_Tony said:
If we were to put Viera in now, where does that leave the EDS and us long term. Pelly is staying, the players need to start earning their fucking crust. What we are witnessing is an absolute shambles considering what these players are capable of.

The thing that bothers me about all this is that some are saying the players aren't putting in a shift and i don't believe that, the problems we are having must be down to more than a lack of effort and this is the most worrying part

The PL is still possible though it's hanging by a thread and at this moment I don't think we're going to retain it.
The CL isn't going to be won even if we get out of the group, which I very much doubt, because we're just not good enough.
The LC has gone.
To equal 2012-13 where we finished double runners up actually now looks a mountain to climb ahead of the third round of the FA Cup.
I think it's odds on we won't win a trophy of any description this season and Manuel won't be manager next season.
Forget all this 5 trophies in 5 years bullshit the boys in charge don't do failure or regression.
I just hope Manuel hasn't lost the dressing room as someone suggested a week or two back. Changing managers mid season, which
we'd have to do if that were the case, could be a disaster. For a start who is available?
I think we need, as a fan base, to tough it out for the next few months. The minimum target is the top 4, ideally the top 3.
Anything better than that, for example an FA Cup win, should be looked upon as a bonus.
We won't be successful every season but not to qualify for the Champions League would be catastrophic.
I say lets all get behind Manuel whether we rate him or not. We owe him that much for last season and it's vital we stick together.
We've been through a lot, lot worse!

Yaya_Tony said:
If we were to put Viera in now, where does that leave the EDS and us long term. Pelly is staying, the players need to start earning their fucking crust. What we are witnessing is an absolute shambles considering what these players are capable of.

Its fanciful to think he will stay if results don't improve immediately.

its quite conceivable we could be 14 points behind Chelsea and 10 points behind Southampton after the Southampton game.

The axe will have to fall if that were the case.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
The PL is still possible though it's hanging by a thread and at this moment I don't think we're going to retain it.
The CL isn't going to be won even if we get out of the group, which I very much doubt, because we're just not good enough.
The LC has gone.
To equal 2012-13 where we finished double runners up actually now looks a mountain to climb ahead of the third round of the FA Cup.
I think it's odds on we won't win a trophy of any description this season and Manuel won't be manager next season.
Forget all this 5 trophies in 5 years bullshit the boys in charge don't do failure or regression.
I just hope Manuel hasn't lost the dressing room as someone suggested a week or two back. Changing managers mid season, which
we'd have to do if that were the case, could be a disaster. For a start who is available?
I think we need, as a fan base, to tough it out for the next few months. The minimum target is the top 4, ideally the top 3.
Anything better than that, for example an FA Cup win, should be looked upon as a bonus.
We won't be successful every season but not to qualify for the Champions League would be catastrophic.
I say lets all get behind Manuel whether we rate him or not. We owe him that much for last season and it's vital we stick together.
We've been through a lot, lot worse!

+1

cleavers said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
I dunno, I'm sure it would delight many on here, who don't want to be in it anyway.

If you weren't a mancunian if you are, or a city supporter or even english, what would you say a european football fans opinion is of Manchester City as a club

cleavers said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
I dunno, I'm sure it would delight many on here, who don't want to be in it anyway.

People only say that because we're shit in it. If we were doing well they would be the first to get tickets and say how much they love the competition.

hilts said:
cleavers said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

If you weren't a mancunian if you are, or a city supporter or even english, what would you say a european football fans opinion is of Manchester City as a club

Winging it.

cleavers said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
It's not worth it's own topic, but an honest question. Can we just fuck UEFA off and run the whole league in England for as long as we want, or is there agreements in place. "Missing out" on chumps league might not be so catastrophic if it means we win the league more often (aware of the prems version of ffp)

Sigh said:
hilts said:
cleavers said:

Winging it.
Every fan I know locally is baffled at how we play in the Champions League. I'm not joking. They're amazed we don't do better with our talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.