Scared of dying

Watch out mate - may be some grooming going on here.

Be wary of anyone offering to webcam you in order to help 'console' you ;-)

Being dead is nothing to be scared of mate, once it's happened you won't know or feel anything.

Being dead is neither good nor bad, as it's simply just nothing.

It's hard to fathom being dead but that's just the way our brains have evolved.

The only thing to worry about is if you're in pain before you die but there's plenty of pain that you will experience and survive throughout life, as will we all, so even that's not worth worrying about. You don't worry constantly about stubbing your toe or getting kicked in the bollocks do you?

As others have said this will pass, I thought about it similarly a lot when I was younger for a period but I quickly stopped.

Life is short mate in reality but it's all about just getting enjoyment out of it whilst making a positive impact for others and leaving a good image of yourself behind.

Stages come and go and in 5 years time it may be your latest gas bill that worries, hopefully not but that's life.

Watch the shawshank redemption if you haven't already.

Sorry to hear about your brother by the way.

I think I remember doing this at your age. Please try not to and look at the advice on here. It's a nice and apt quote just above this post. Live your life. Worrying changes nothing whatever you worry about.

Wife-Joke.jpg

There's no such thing as "dying of old age", we 'die of old age' because damage is a bi-product of living. We're no different to a car in that regard and, like cars, we will, once technologically advanced enough, go through periodic M.O.Ts and thus reverse the damage ageing does to us. This would result in an average lifespan of thousands of years and - given that tech would continue to advance, creating a largely safe environment (no car crashes for example) - almost certain practical 'immortality'
We don't need to 'cure' the things that end up killing us, we just have to find a way of repairing the damage before it causes the diseases. It's still a tough ask but with the speed of technological advancement the first 'immortal' may well be already living today.
If you don't want to die, live a healthy life.

At worst, you'll die but at least you won't have quickened the process.

Ban-jani said:
Being dead is nothing to be scared of mate, once it's happened you won't know or feel anything.

The only thing to worry about is if you're in pain before you die but there's plenty of pain that you will experience and survive throughout life, as will we all, so even that's not worth worrying about. You don't worry constantly about stubbing your toe or getting kicked in the bollocks do you?

As others have said this will pass, I thought about it similarly a lot when I was younger for a period but I quickly stopped.

Life is short mate in reality but it's all about just getting enjoyment out of it whilst making a positive impact for others and leaving a good image of yourself behind.

Stages come and go and in 5 years time it may be your latest gas bill that worries, hopefully not but that's life.

How do you know? Have you ever died?

You could spend months in agony as your flesh is slowly rotting on your bones, being nibbled at by whatever has worked its way into your coffin. Your eyes being sucked dry and your juicy organse chomped away at by thousands of tiny creatures with tiny teeth.

Pelly Greeny said:
Ban-jani said:

How do you know? Have you ever died?

You could spend months in agony as your flesh is slowly rotting on your bones, being nibbled at by whatever has worked its way into your coffin. Your eyes being sucked dry and your juicy organse chomped away at by thousands of tiny creatures with tiny teeth.
Are you Edgar Allen Poe?

I hope there is an afterlife or a heaven.

My biggest fear from death is reincarnation and coming back as a frog or some poor kid in India.

Compulsive Rambler said:
I recently went into a coma, was in intensive care for 4wks and during the time I had died and gone onto the life support machine, all I had was very intense, almost real like dreams, in particular one in which I was just on this passenger aeroplane.
The dream felt like 30mins but it was for over a month.

You shouldn't fear death. This is the good phase of existence....
Pain is far worse.

I've actually always wondered what it would be like to be in a coma and in that situation, that's really interest. Glad you're ok blue.

To the OP it sounds like you might have a bit of anxiety and that could defo be down to what happened to your brother. I used to think similar stuff at your age (hell I still sometimes do now and I'm 30). Live a life full of whatever you want to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.