Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
If football transfers were as easy as fans thought they were, we wouldn't need a window. Everything would be concluded in a day.

Providing we don't miss out on signing him, I don't see the issue. I'd imagine every club doesn't just go straight in and match the asking price. We'd be foolish not to at least try and get him for a lower fee.
I would imagine negotiating goes on but generally the big clubs just spend what the selling club asks for.
What approach ?

You obviously know the details, so tell us all how it should be done.

For example, you think we should start at 50 million ?
Come on mate its not Rocket science.

The bids have been leaked by the scousers. They value him at £50 million yet we bid £25 million + £5 million. Basically a complete waste of time.

Now I cant remember but maybe you can, did Real Madrid offer Monaco £30 Million first before they agreed a deal at £60 Million for James?

It really does make you wonder what we are trying to achieve with this approach.

Henry is known for not budging on the fee he wants.

The facts will be that after weeks of negotiating we still had to pay what they wanted in the end.

I wonder if this is all some sort pantomime played out for the benefit of fans and the egos of the people running the clubs.

I'm sure that Tolmie said "£50m for Sterling" months ago. City don't want to look like the Mark Hughes era buffoons who stumbled in and paid the asking price straight away. Liverpool don't want to look like a selling club who let a good player go without a fight.

When Rogers briefed that United were in for him (which was apparently nonsense), I was convinced he was coming to us. The fear of him going to the rags! It softens the blow for Liverpool fans if they can tell themselves that he went to City ("only for the money" etc). How would they feel if he'd signed for United? Rule by fear, Brendan.

I'm guessing he'll be ours officially next week, but that he's been ours since March or April anyway.

This is a myth.

They knocked back one bid from Arsenal, which was at least £10m less than what they valued Suarez at the time.
He also valued Suarez at £75 million last summer, Barca bid £60m but eventually paid the £75m he wanted

I would imagine negotiating goes on but generally the big clubs just spend what the selling club asks for.

Come on mate its not Rocket science.

The bids have been leaked by the scousers. They value him at £50 million yet we bid £25 million + £5 million. Basically a complete waste of time.

Now I cant remember but maybe you can, did Real Madrid offer Monaco £30 Million first before they agreed a deal at £60 Million for James?

How the fuck would you or I know the answer to that !!!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.