Player Topic: Navas.....

Did you miss the part when he gave Chelsea a throw deep in our half, rather than use his left foot? Never gives the ball away indeed.

Fucking hell what a nit. Ok, for the benefit of anyone else demented enough to take a word like 'never' completely literally, I'll switch it for 'very seldom'. Either way, the obvious point I was trying to make is that his ball retention is excellent.....

The main criticism levelled at Navas is his perceived inability to 'find his man' with his crossing of a ball. In his defence this type of pass is the most difficult to achieve. He is usually a full pace with attackers and defenders moving quickly. A split second can make the difference in a fast moving situation. I would have Jesus in my team every time. He never hides, always wants to be involved. He is gifted with superb technical ability, he rarely miss controls the ball and uses it effectively. To quote the late , great Brian Clough, " you need lots of piano shifters and onLy need one or two pianists". Navas never complains, and works hard every game. Defensively, he excels. Time and time again against PSG he made timely interceptions covering for Pablo, and others. Don't fall for the media telling us Navas disappoints. He doesn't. Under Pep, I can see Jesus becoming an excellent full back in the mould of Alves at Barca. See him for what he is, and not what the media portray him to be.

No doubt about it, he had a good game against Chelsea I'd say 7/10. It was probably his best game of the season - just not good enough.. Can someone remind me when he scored his last leagu goal, was it Tottenham two years ago, or was there another league goal since then - just not good enough.

If all fit, Nasri, DeBrynne, Silva, Sterling, Yaya, Fernando, Fernandinho, should all be in the side ahead of him.

Love his attitude but every fuckin decision he makes is wrong.When Nasri missed his 1 0n 1,why didn't he just side foot bend it into the half empty net ?

No doubt about it, he had a good game against Chelsea I'd say 7/10. It was probably his best game of the season - just not good enough.. Can someone remind me when he scored his last leagu goal, was it Tottenham two years ago, or was there another league goal since then - just not good enough.

If all fit, Nasri, DeBrynne, Silva, Sterling, Yaya, Fernando, Fernandinho, should all be in the side ahead of him.

If your only yardstick by which you beat him is goals, then considering what else he brings to the table, i think you are being very narrow minded. The lad does an awful lot for the team. Thankfully, this thread is now becoming much more positive towards him because of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.