EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a nice Remain victory in the end I think.

5%+ winning margin I would have thought.

Hopefully not too much crying from the losing side.

It's an interesting one. In theory there should be complaining, and Cameron would do his speech saying the voice of 45% of the voters have been heard and he'll change stuff etc like he did after the Scottish Referendum, however it's quite clear he can't do anything as there won't be any changes regarding the EU and our relationship (except the "deals" he agreed in February).

So I reckon it will all be quite subdued, life will go on, however there will be significant complaining, but will it achieve anything, no.

It's a good point that. One rule for EU citizens who want to move over here and an altogether stricter one for non-EU citizens. If that isn't discriminatory I don't know what is!

A stupid argument, but if you want to take it seriously....

......its less discriminatory than the leave position, only giving the right for uk citizens to live in the UK and a different rule for everyone else.
Thats an extra 660 million discriminated against by the leavers.

It's an interesting one. In theory there should be complaining, and Cameron would do his speech saying the voice of 45% of the voters have been heard and he'll change stuff etc like he did after the Scottish Referendum, however it's quite clear he can't do anything as there won't be any changes regarding the EU and our relationship (except the "deals" he agreed in February).

So I reckon it will all be quite subdued, life will go on, however there will be significant complaining, but will it achieve anything, no.
I genuinely don't think what he's agreed and promised to us will get through the European Parliament.

Just back from the polling station and can honestly say that I've never seen one as busy. No sign of voter apathy in my area.

A stupid argument, but if you want to take it seriously....

......its less discriminatory than the leave position, only giving the right for uk citizens to live in the UK and a different rule for everyone else.
Thats an extra 660 million discriminated against by the leavers.

It's treating all prospective immigrants the same.

Even worse then, we have a dictatorship that can only be changed every 5 years, even the EU listens to all sides.
Whichever way you look at it, it is grim for the UK system and voter. I'll stick with the EU, slow as it maybe.

I take it you feel disenfranchised in the UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.