£10 Parking..

PistonBlue said:
I've just paid £150 for a car park s/t.

For the 19 league games that works out at £7.89 per game. Add on your cup games and this figure comes down a fair bit. I can't be arsed working out how many home cup games we might potentially play, but for arguments sake if we have six cup games at home, meaning 25 home games in total, then the price per game is £6.

Not bad if you can get to every game.

I think it's fair enough to pay a premium to park on the site. If it's a fiver at the velodrome than you'd expect to pay a bit more to park that bit closer.

May look into this ^^^^. But as I said it's not the price it's the principle of the 100% increase regardless of price, if we did this for beer then there would be a riot. Can you imagine Bluemoon if at the Liverpool game a pint was £7.80, the place would explode. Same principle different subject, either way a 100% increase is shocking. however you look at it.

It might be a bit too far for your Dad to walk at the moment but a season pass for St Brigids Church on Grey Mare Lane is £125. It's a few hundred yards up from Mary Ds.

Can't understand why people pay for car parking when it's free on-street 15 mins walk from the ground (unless they are genuinely mobility impaired).

Car park season ticket may also be a gamble - a mate bought one for a car park off Gorton Lane a few years back, turned up at one match halfway through season and found that the bloke had done a runner. Although an MCFC-accredited car park, club said they couldn't do anything.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
stonerblue said:
Last time i parked near Maine Road it cost me £2 for a kid to 'mind your car mister'. That was around 1990. Taking inflation into account then a tenner aint bad..

The issue with the hike is the percentage. 100%. If they did that with me ST then a doubling of the price is staggering. By the time the ST hits a grand I expect to be too infirm to attend!

Sorry but where do people get the impression that its a 100% hike ??
As I`ve reported before,those around the ground (prior to getting near Citys Official CP on site at Eastlands) they have gone up from last seasons £7 to now £10.
Two years and previously, the cost at all of these was only £5.

oakiecokie said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The issue with the hike is the percentage. 100%. If they did that with me ST then a doubling of the price is staggering. By the time the ST hits a grand I expect to be too infirm to attend!

Sorry but where do people get the impression that its a 100% hike ??
As I`ve reported before,those around the ground (prior to getting near Citys Official CP on site at Eastlands) they have gone up from last seasons £7 to now £10.
Two years and previously, the cost at all of these was only £5.

The East car park, an City Official carpark was £5 last season for all games. When you turned up on Saturday it was £10, thats 100% increase in price. As has been said many times, it's not the price but the principle.

The club are at fault for not informing the supporters of the 100% increase.
It is underhand and sly letting the attendants take the grief, its not bieng upfront with the supporters and Iam dissapointed with their tact.

Re: Im thinking of buying a caravan and parking it at Eastlands.

not my fault! said:
AlthamBlue said:
Don't park on the ground (unless you have to) I park about 10 mins away and walk, only a fiver. Though free today cos they were shut so I parked on a side street

Great Idea but I usually go with my old man who isnt so good on his feet anymore so the walk would kill him off, he had a heart attack last week as it was so dont fancy him walking the distance!

ring the club up you should be able to sort out some sort of free car park mate. we have had one given us this year cus my grandad is bad on his feet aswell and cant walk very far.

Ok quick post to bring some balance to this ( soulboy, are you watching? ;))..as I promised I e-mailed the club.

To be fair, I got a call late tonight from Danny. I'll not go into the nitty gritty of what he said, but basically the club have heard loud and clear what the fans thought about the communication around the car parking issue, and fair play he was prepared to face into it and take it on the chin. Not saying the £10 prices are coming down, but they accept it could/should have been communicated better..but well done for being prepared to pick up the phone and talk direct about the issue.

Loads of other good stuff planned for this season, as posted on the City Square thread.

So a big negative, turned around for me. It's clear The club are tuned in to what we are saying, and keeping the lines off communication open, can't say fairer than that.

blueshortshorts said:
Ok quick post to bring some balance to this ( soulboy, are you watching? ;))..as I promised I e-mailed the club.

To be fair, I got a call late tonight from Danny. I'll not go into the nitty gritty of what he said, but basically the club have heard loud and clear what the fans thought about the communication around the car parking issue, and fair play he was prepared to face into it and take it on the chin. Not saying the £10 prices are coming down, but they accept it could/should have been communicated better..but well done for being prepared to pick up the phone and talk direct about the issue.

Loads of other good stuff planned for this season, as posted on the City Square thread.

So a big negative, turned around for me. It's clear The club are tuned in to what we are saying, and keeping the lines off communication open, can't say fairer than that.

That is why the article today about Blackburn tickets going on sale doesn't mention the prices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.